YJ Door Lock Cynlinder - Completely Confused About This.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Door Lock Cynlinder - Completely Confused About This..

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-28-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
silvos721
1991 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Door Lock Cynlinder - Completely Confused About This..

Hello guys. I am new here. Just recently got my first YJ Wrangler and I'm very proud.

The only issue I am having issues with is the door lock. I'm actually looking to replace the door lock but the only one I can find that goes well with the stock or original is

1991-1994 Jeep Wrangler Door Lock Cylinder - Omix - Direct OE replacement

Is their another place I can find locks like this.. or the replacements are a better price?

silvos721 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
casperbrown
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Lock - Door (Cylinder & Keys) | 1991 Jeep Wrangler 4WD 4 Cylinders P 2.5L FI | AutoZone.com
casperbrown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
silvos721
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have a straight 6 engine.. so I would be after the 6 Cynlinder's. Thanks for auto zone though, had no idea they would have it.
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
letitloose06
1992 YJ Wrangler 

The door locks are the same for all engine oprions. The cheapest I have been able to find them is at rockauto.com

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...parttype,10007
1992 YJ 4.0L, AX-15, 4" RE Standard Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG KM2's, 8.8 Rear, HP30 front, 4.10's, SYE and CV Driveshaft, Taurus Electric Fan, 136 A GC Alternator, Grand Prix Seats, RR HD Steering, JCR Off road Stage 2 Front Bumper, Custom Rear Bumper

1966 M416 1/4 Ton Cargo Trailer -- Build Thread
letitloose06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #5
jeepinvader
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My dad told me if you have a soft top, don't lock your doors, and don't keep any valuables in it. He had a convertable, and someone cut his top to get a pair of sunglasses. It's better for a thief to take what he wants, than to damage your ride and take what he wants. That's my opinion.
jeepinvader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
silvos721
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinvader View Post
My dad told me if you have a soft top, don't lock your doors, and don't keep any valuables in it. He had a convertable, and someone cut his top to get a pair of sunglasses. It's better for a thief to take what he wants, than to damage your ride and take what he wants. That's my opinion.
I have a hardtop so that's why I really want the new locks.. and Let ty for the great link. Appreciate it
Unread 07-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #7
casperbrown
1993 XJ Cherokee 

you need 6 replacement locks because your engine has six cylinders ?
.... is that a yj custom thing?
casperbrown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.