YJ Dashboard Redesign - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Dashboard Redesign

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 06-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #166
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
I vote (not that anyone asked for a vote) that the whole "how to set up a fabrication shop in your garage" aspect of this project be a separate thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngjeeper11 View Post
Just trying to keep everyone updated....my goodness forum police.
I think he meant that in a good way. I would like to see another thread in addition to this one as well.

YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 06:26 AM   #167
youngjeeper11

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Got ya, sorry I guess I took it the wrong way.

Maybe I will create another thread on building a CNC plasma cutter later, once I figure my own out.

I did however get the table to move under its own power late last night, and I am pretty psyched about it.

Ask me about my 4BT Cummins Motor Mounts!!
youngjeeper11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #168
voz
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Young,

I'm gonna find you and fight you if I don't get my dash by the end of July...

But I understand, if I don't get it until august 1st...
Unread 06-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #169
youngjeeper11

1987 YJ Wrangler 

hahaha,

I have been working day and night, trust me.

I got my table completely programmed last night, motors tuned, home switches, torch, its ready to rock, I was about to try to drop a DXF file into it last night at like 11, but things went so well all night, I was afraid to do anything else half asleep haha.

I am picking up 10 4x8 sheets of steel today to get me started.

fingers crossed I cut something that makes sense by the end of the weekend

Unread 06-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #170
voz
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I'll also keep mine crossed!
Unread 06-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #171
HaskiE
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
hahaha,

I have been working day and night, trust me.

I got my table completely programmed last night, motors tuned, home switches, torch, its ready to rock, I was about to try to drop a DXF file into it last night at like 11, but things went so well all night, I was afraid to do anything else half asleep haha.

I am picking up 10 4x8 sheets of steel today to get me started.

fingers crossed I cut something that makes sense by the end of the weekend
Yikes! wow! what'd that run you? local place?
#theneverendingaxe
HaskiE is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 06:39 AM   #172
youngjeeper11

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I got 5 sheets of 20ga, and and 5 of 18ga for right under $400. Not too bad I think.

Yea we have a local steel distributor right donw the street and they give me a tiny discount because of where I work, but they have minum order quantities.

Any way, CNC plasama table is up and running! hope to start working on my first prototype dash soon.

Unread 06-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #173
voz
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Soon, as in today and have it ready by Friday?
Unread 06-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #174
youngjeeper11

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Haha, I'll see what I can do.....

Unread 07-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #175
youngjeeper11

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Just a quick update, at I know VOZ is probably already angry haha.

I had some issues with my first plasma cutter, long story, it will not work w CNC (it quite impressively wipes out my computer everytime it touches off due high frequency waves)

I borrowed a friends plasma cutter that works differently, and it is working ok with that, but I am not happy with it.

I have been waiting for 3 weeks for a new plasma cutter and controllers to make everything right, soooo I am twiddling my thumbs quite impatiently right now......

Unread 07-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #176
voz
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Sir,
iv'e had my own set backs with trans & t-case...

But, That does not let you off the hook!
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #177
youngjeeper11

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I am working on it my friend! Trust me, no dashboard is the only thing keeping my YJ in the driveway right now, it is driving me crazy.

I do not know what the deal is with the delivery of some of this stuff, I keep getting the ole' "it will ship this week" ....... 3 weeks later.....

Unread 07-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #178
voz
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Damn you sir!
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #179
youngjeeper11

1987 YJ Wrangler 

ya'll are going to hate me....

So I just got a new job in PA, (better pay and moving closer to my family)

Bad news, obviously this is throwing yet another delay in my plans. I already towed my YJ back up to PA last weekend.

Good news, My father recently expanded his shop, and now I get to fill it with all my sweet tools!

Other good news, finished re-building the transmission on my boat, and will hopefully sell it soon so it can stop sucking up my time!

He is loves working with wood, I am a metal guy, so he is excited to have a bunch of metal working tools.

So hopefully I will have some more room to work with, and be re-set up in the next few weeks.

Unread 07-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #180
HaskiE
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
ya'll are going to hate me....

So I just got a new job in PA, (better pay and moving closer to my family)

Bad news, obviously this is throwing yet another delay in my plans. I already towed my YJ back up to PA last weekend.

Good news, My father recently expanded his shop, and now I get to fill it with all my sweet tools!

Other good news, finished re-building the transmission on my boat, and will hopefully sell it soon so it can stop sucking up my time!

He is loves working with wood, I am a metal guy, so he is excited to have a bunch of metal working tools.

So hopefully I will have some more room to work with, and be re-set up in the next few weeks.
congrats man, it's amazing how life can get in the way of our jeep's... mine included! (new frame project... still haven't quite started, and almost 3 years in the making LOL ) sounds like you're getting closer!!

Yeah! from my own discoveries, metal fab tools > wood fab tools. If you can cut metal with it, then all you need is a different blade/ slower speed and you're ready for wood!
#theneverendingaxe
HaskiE is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.