yj dash lights always on no key in. wont start. plz hlp. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > yj dash lights always on no key in. wont start. plz hlp.

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #1
kaosyj26003

yj dash lights always on no key in. wont start. plz hlp.

So just replaced the 2.5 motor in my 95 yj after finding the bottom end toast. Sat and got it all back together hooked battery up and check engine ebrake and seat belt light are on wont shut off even with key removed. Wont start but cranks. Any ideas? Checked grounds all are tight.and beileve are in correct places. Clueless... haynes manual (useless junk btw) is helpless. Thanks
Please help!

kaosyj26003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:03 PM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosyj26003 View Post
So just replaced the 2.5 motor in my 95 yj after finding the bottom end toast. Sat and got it all back together hooked battery up and check engine ebrake and seat belt light are on wont shut off even with key removed. Wont start but cranks. Any ideas? Checked grounds all are tight.and beileve are in correct places. Clueless... haynes manual (useless junk btw) is helpless. Thanks
Please help!
That means those circuits are still getting power. Normally that goes away when you turn the key to the off position.

The actual ignition switch is a slide mechanism attached to the steering column The key portion is attached to it with an actuator rod. It is adjustable.

Can't figure how that problem popped up after the engine swap??

As far as the engine swap goes it is plug and play, so I can't figure how one is connected to the other.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:05 PM   #3
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Did you attach the ground strap that goes from the firewall to the oil dip stick bolt?

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:15 PM   #4
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Did you use the engines main wiring harness or reuse the harness that was in the jeep already. The bulkhead connectors are slightly diff from year to year I believe. When I swapped interior dash harness I had strange issues like that. Don't know what the solution is though.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.