YJ custom Dash - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ custom Dash

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #16
Dre40

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I used 18 Gauge. well its all finished I have a few tinny things to do but its done. I installed the Vehicle Dynamic Processor its Made by Pioneer its so cool it connects to my ECM and tells RPM Speed and it also has GPS so it tells me LON./LAT. as well as angle of attack and G's. High tech Jeep lol..

dash15.jpg  
Dre40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #17
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks cool, though not sure what good an AOA computer or G-meter will do in a Jeep.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #18
Dre40

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well I used it today on the Trails and it told me what the angle of the Hills I was going up and down it was cool Oh and it also calculates Torque and Horsepower and displays it as well..
Unread 03-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #19
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre40 View Post
Well I used it today on the Trails and it told me what the angle of the Hills I was going up and down it was cool Oh and it also calculates Torque and Horsepower and displays it as well..
I think we are using the terms differently. I assumed you were refering to angle of attack as used in aviation to describe the angle between the chord line of an airfoil and the vector the object is moving on. Didn't see what good that would do you in a Jeep.

I think your device is more of an inclinometer to show what angle you're at as you climb a hill. Seems like a cool device regardless.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #20
carlitos_90
1995 YJ Wrangler 

now if you did the rest custom ^^ all with steel it would look SWEEET but awesome work. ^^

1995 YJ 2.5 LOW OUTPUT 31s 4.5" Lift
carlitos_90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #21
Dre40

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I Plan to I want to remove the glove box and Fab one kinda like the Smitty built one.
Unread 03-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #22
plym49
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Very clever design - good use of the 'air space' on the stock dash.

I happen to like Hammertone paint, but perhaps not on a dash because it can glare and will show fingerprints and so on.

Suggest black wrinkle paint instead. A benefit is that it will hide any imperfections in the metal.

Apply the wrinkle spray according to the directions on the can but I find that using a heat gun to help the second coat wrinkle sets it up faster, gives a better wrinkle, and permit you to control the size and density of the wrinkles. If you don't have a heat gun, use a hair dryer or even a spot lamp.
plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #23
Dre40

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Lol yes I work in the Aviation industry lol and ex navy aircraft mechanic so I sometimes use the words. I'll take a pic next time I'm on a hill to show it..I thought about the wrinkled look but I wanted something easier to clean when dirt gets on it.
Unread 03-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #24
green_jeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

U think 20ga is too thin to work with?
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Jeep, Bike, and Street Rod, i NEED MORE money
green_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #25
Doch80
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The LED lights below the 4x4 light for your fan is genius! I really like that idea. Just a thought... the blank space above your stereo would be a good place for switches IMO.
Doch80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #26
Dre40

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well Thanks I wanted to reused the stock 4X4 indicator and needed a place to put my Fan LEDs so I was like why not use that empty space..I also used a LED to light the 4X4 indicator as well as lighting the one on the floor that is in my 4X4 shifter.. lol

I think 20 gauge will work just fine I only used 18 because I had a sheet of it laying around lol..
Unread 03-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #27
comancheklein
1995 YJ Wrangler 

not to be off topic but is that a grand cherokee transfer case betzel u have and a different "shift stick"...any benefit to that?
Unread 03-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #28
Dre40

1992 YJ Wrangler 

No I swapped a 4.3L Vortec in my jeep and used a Sm465 tranny and NP241 transfer case out of a full size truck and I grabbed the transfer case shifter out of the truck as well so thats a Chevy truck bezel and shifter..
Unread 03-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #29
comancheklein
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ahh thats why that looked so familiar, nice job on the gauges it has definitely inspired me to think of something for my rig
Unread 04-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #30
green_jeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

well i made my dash very close to yours i used an old motorcycle tail light for my 4wheel drive light. had to order a new fuel level sending unit to work the gauge i bought gonna make a few little changes but now im gonna work on the glove box and grab handle
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Jeep, Bike, and Street Rod, i NEED MORE money
green_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.