Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Yj clutches

671 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  crazy888 
#1 ·
What's the best clutch kit to buy. I was thinking of buying a luk heavy duty clutch kit off rock auto. The standard is 12 1/2, the heavy duty is 12 3/8. Will the heavy duty work? Bolt up? What about the slave cylinders? Are the luk brand any good.?

#2 ·
Luk is good and pretty standard, i'm sure its what a lot of us use. Theres a few parts house brands that use luk components as well. Don't spend the extra money for a centerforce.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#4 ·
There's a huge thread on this somewhere in YJ Tech. Actually I think that's more of an internal slave thread, but you should probably do that while you're in there. I had good luck with the Luk, actually pretty sure that's what's in there now. I replaced the one previously thinking it was going back, but it turned out to be something else all together, the one I took out I bought 10 years ago on eBay, and it was a "Grip Force" clutch and it lasted about 8 years with lots of trail use and was actually still good when I pulled it.

#5 ·
Luk makes good clutches, they're what I install, exclusively. With your 87 if it's not already modified you have the Peugeot BA 10/5 transmission and internal slave system. Your clutch will not be the weak point of your driveline, no matter what you install.

Before you consider other upgrades, get an AX15 or NV3550 in there that will provide a foundation for whatever else it is you're planning on building.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.