Yj clutch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Yj clutch

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipArtec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 10-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
Mattias25
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yj clutch

When my clutch petal is pressed in, it loses pressure and engages. Master cylinder is new, put on around Christmas

Mattias25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
Fuzzy_Wuzzy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

It sounds like your slave may be going out (often after the master goes out the slave will too) see if there is fluid coming out the bottom of the bellhousing. Mine took awhile for the fluid to show up there, but i would bet that is where your problem is.

You might try bleeding it again, but I doubt it is air if it slowly re-engages
Fuzzy_Wuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

if you don't have a leak it sounds like a bad master, a lot of replacement parts don't last. I just changed my original master yesterday, pretty sure I won't see anywhere close to 26 years out of the replacement.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
Fuzzy_Wuzzy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadyrob View Post
if you don't have a leak it sounds like a bad master, a lot of replacement parts don't last. I just changed my original master yesterday, pretty sure I won't see anywhere close to 26 years out of the replacement.
Yeah this could be too. They are expensive, but I like the OEM master cylinder, it seems to be better than most of the aftermarket ones.

This is the hard thing about having an internal slave is that you do everything you can to make sure it is not the slave first.
Fuzzy_Wuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
Mattias25
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Well! I replaced the slave, wasn't bad as all lol it was the master that was bad, but I got the excuse for gear oil for the trans so I'm happy
Mattias25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.