YJ/CJ From the Ground Up Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ/CJ From the Ground Up Build

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 10-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
JCook5003

YJ/CJ From the Ground Up Build

Hey Guys-

My jeep hobby has grown in the last few months. First I sold off my Built Toyota on 35's and bought a 1974 J10.

I got it home and realized it was much rougher than originally thought. While shopping for a cab I found a whole other 1978 J10 for a killer deal. So then I was cruising around Craigslist and found a perfect YJ frame for a steal. I thought, well I have this 258/T18/Dana 20 setup already, why not pick it up and build a Jeep from the ground up.

So that's where I'm at. I have a YJ frame with tank and steering box. The 258/T18/Dana 20 setup from the J10 and I'm going to try to build a YJ with a CJ front end and dash. It'll be a total mutt, but it should be fun.

I'll snap some photos tonight and post them below.

Unread 10-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
JCook5003

To keep this thread clean, I plan to link to other questions, info or posts I find useful.

This is my thread on which axles to run in this project.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.