YJ Chat and non tech - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Chat and non tech

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #121
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I hate mud. I just so happened that a monsoon rolled in the day we got to Windrock. It was beautiful the next day.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #122
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Oh my...
I was just looking at chromies. Chrome wheels.
I have those black "D"hole steel rims now and have beat and bent one up.
I need to be smart here...

The force is strong with some of those.
Expensive too. One thing is for sure-I have expensive taste.
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #123
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Amen to that. I'm mounting my beadlocks tomorrow and hope they're a little tougher than the d windows on there now.
Unread 08-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #124
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The jeep was built for 35's but I am good with 33's. Only wanted more tire a couple of times.
I don't think I've ever spun a bead. Only air down to about 14 though.

I like shiny stuff.
I like chrome.
Don't put that stuff on the jeep(for the most part, I DO have 1800 watts of stereo), but I still like bling.
Unread 08-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #125
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

This thread confuses me. Wheres it going?

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #126
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJames90 View Post
This thread confuses me. Wheres it going?
It doesn't and that's the point. All the mindless jeep-ish banter belongs in here instead of actual tech threads that help folks out.
Unread 08-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #127
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I am good at mindless banter. I like this thread.

This thread is good for things that don't or can't merit a stand alone thread.
A catch all...
Unread 08-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #128
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So...Mindless banter...

I found an ARB air compressor and wire harness, and switches, blue lines, electric solenoids, basically everything to operate a set of 2 ARB air lockers LESS the lockers on CL for $100.
I bought it.
Those solenoids are $65 each new. The pressure switch is $20. The compressor new is $170.
Been kinda looking for a compressor to operate the lockers without firing up the big belt driven just for a quick diff lock.
I am pleased. Doubt I will use the ARB wire harness as this requires the rear locker to be on before the front one can be engaged, which makes sense, but there may be some time when I want the front locked and the rear open. And I'll keep the switches and switch mount I have now. And I do not need blue lines. And my electric solenoids are working fine.
but other than that...it was still a good deal.
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #129
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster93 View Post
So...Mindless banter...

I found an ARB air compressor and wire harness, and switches, blue lines, electric solenoids, basically everything to operate a set of 2 ARB air lockers LESS the lockers on CL for $100.
I bought it.
Those solenoids are $65 each new. The pressure switch is $20. The compressor new is $170.
Been kinda looking for a compressor to operate the lockers without firing up the big belt driven just for a quick diff lock.
I am pleased. Doubt I will use the ARB wire harness as this requires the rear locker to be on before the front one can be engaged, which makes sense, but there may be some time when I want the front locked and the rear open. And I'll keep the switches and switch mount I have now. And I do not need blue lines. And my electric solenoids are working fine.
but other than that...it was still a good deal.
You win big time. A buddy is donating me his NP231 with an SYE already installed. It's out of his '95 YJ that was owned by an older gentleman who just went around town with it. My buddy put the SYE in and hasn't wheeled much on it at all. He had an Atlas II installed in it's place. I'm hoping to replace my tired t-case and (what I think) is a hack-n-tap SYE that was installed in it years ago. I got it off a wrecked YJ. Tom Woods himself said it was his SYE but I'm unsure.

I also have some spare XJ shafts coming to me, a little 115 welder my buddy acquired for free from a friend of his, and some sweet 2x2 tubes to add to my rockers.

Of course all this stuff is in Georgia and I have to make a special trip to get it but it's worth it. I just need to find the time to get it.

I also have a guy coming to look at my hardtop this weekend. I hope he buys it so I can put my new Softopper on that's been sitting under the futon for a month.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #130
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Can't beat a free TC. I just this spring replaced my TC main shaft(sye) and a bearing and that was $150 alone.

My soft top sort of self de-structed a couple years ago. The windows rotted out and all the zippers failed. I am hard top only right now. Boy, I can sure feel all that weight on the rear suspension. But it is quieter.
Unread 08-26-2012, 01:43 AM   #131
cubewhiz
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Spent a week in the Dominican Republic. Was there 1 week and didn't see a single Jeep. Although, with gas at over $6/gallon, I can't say I'm surprised. I think scooters outnumber the cars there.
--------
My new Jeep: 95 ZJ with 4.0L I6 (auto trans)
cubewhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #132
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Scooters around here looks like a death wish...

A lady came to the door y-day with a flat tire on her stock Tj. A nail hanging out of it. And said" You own a jeep, I own a jeep. Would you help a fellow jeep owner in distress?" I changed her tire.
I forgot how unusable the stock tire jack is. I had to go inside and get my floor jack, not even gonna try my brand new, never been used, Hi-lift jack. I have used Hi-lifts before, better to go get the extremely heavy floor jack, just better. Walk away with all my teeth and blood...
Unread 08-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #133
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm surprised how often I use my hi lift jack actually. I've only used it on the jeep once and it did the job but around the farm, it gets used at least once a day if not twice.

Any of you guys use a port o power?
Unread 08-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #134
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I'm surprised how often I use my hi lift jack actually. I've only used it on the jeep once and it did the job but around the farm, it gets used at least once a day if not twice.

Any of you guys use a port o power?
I'm not sure what a port-o-power is but I can imagine it's for portable power.

I've used my high-lift enough that it has paid for itself and to the point where I wouldn't not have it with me. I actually use the handle quite a bit. Makes for a good cheater bar.

I'm thinking about using the #8-32 rivet inserts for my windshield channel.

Anyone thing that's a too small? My #10-24 stud for the tool is not threaded on one end so I can't put it in the rivet gun. I sent an email to HF but it will take a couple weeks I'm sure to get the replacement part.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #135
lbhutch03
1989 YJ Wrangler 

bought this jeep for $2500!!!!

This is my newest project. I bought this 1989 Jeep Wrangler about a month ago. I believe I got a great deal on this jeep. The previous owner put a rebuilt 4.0 out of a 93 wrangler in this jeep. He stated that the motor had been bored 30 over. He stated that he couldnt get the engine to crank, and that he was tired of messing with it. He was asking $4500 for it. I decided to take a gamble on a jeep that wasn't running, and I talked him down to $2500. I replaced the fuel pump and fixed some wiring issues. Now the jeep cranks right up and drives great! I can't believe I got this jeep for $2500. The jeep has a ford 8.8 rearend with an electric locker. I'm not sure what gears are in it yet, but after driving it, I know they are right where they need to be. I plan on figuring out what gears are in it soon. The jeep also came with five brand new 36" super swampers. Under the hood, I noticed a Hesco high flow throttle body spacer with a Hesco high flow throttle body. It has a Hurst manual short throw shifer. It has an aftermarket fuel cell located in the back of the jeep, a custom aluminum dash, and a later model roll bar. The lift is all suspension, no body lift. Im not sure how much lift it has. Does anyone have a good guess to what size lift I have? I am now in the process of pulling the dash and trying to get all the gauges wired up correctly. I am proud to say that I've been a jeeper for 12 years now.
showpic2.jpg   showpic.jpg  
lbhutch03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.