Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

YJ Chat and non tech

2M views 33K replies 480 participants last post by  fishadventure 
#1 ·
But tonite as I rode home with the top off I really loved my rust-bucket YJ! At damn near 300k she still runs strong and I won't give it up for the world. She just isn't so pretty right now so some cosmetic work is coming, but after a long time w/o it and just military vechiles it was twice as sweet.

Just figured y'all would get it more so than the rest of the site. ;)

John

#16,262 ·
Reloading can be as expensive as retail if not anal with where you get your lead and primers. I enjoy it, but frankly just have time for it.
I don't have time for it either but if I want to shoot my 300 ultra I have to do it. If I buy retail it cost me $3.65 a bullet when I reload it cost me around $1.30 quit the cost savings to me. I mainly just reload my rifles and my .40, sure the initial setup is pricey but I buy in bulk and that's where I can save plus you can never have to much powder and primers. I don't know about you guys but my groups got tighter when I started reloading so less lead down range too.

#16,271 ·
There is 2 kinds of cleaning...
There is the take it apart and clean/lube and there is there is run the cloth through it and lube and holster it.
Red box leaves stuff on the gun, gunk, black hard buildup. Hodgdon leaves the gun clean after shooting, it just needs normal maintenance.
Wait, whaaaat? Are we all talking about the same weapon here. Hahaha

#16,278 ·
#16,279 ·
What you talkin bout Willis?!? You field strip every time and clean and lube. Some good products are a clean/lube in one. You use a hard toothbrush and wire brush bore cleaner. Use the a soft tooth brush and lint free swabs to lube the entire interior and bore. You do this after every shooting and at least once a month if in storage. If it's a daily you should clean once a week.

(And that's simple. Uncle Sam thought stricter policy)