Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

YJ Chat and non tech

2M views 33K replies 480 participants last post by  fishadventure 
#1 ·
But tonite as I rode home with the top off I really loved my rust-bucket YJ! At damn near 300k she still runs strong and I won't give it up for the world. She just isn't so pretty right now so some cosmetic work is coming, but after a long time w/o it and just military vechiles it was twice as sweet.

Just figured y'all would get it more so than the rest of the site. ;)

John

#1,464 ·
how much rock crawling do you really do? i have a stockish 231 t case with 37s and the v8 takes nothin to get up and over the rocks. ive ridden in 1 jeep with the teralo and he liked it, other than the fact that it was too low for the type of wheeling he does.

#1,465 ·
you must remember with this engine swap you will now actually have torque lol

#1,469 ·
how much rock crawling do you really do? i have a stockish 231 t case with 37s and the v8 takes nothin to get up and over the rocks. ive ridden in 1 jeep with the teralo and he liked it, other than the fact that it was too low for the type of wheeling he does.
you must remember with this engine swap you will now actually have torque lol
I do no rock crawling. That's because I didn't have a Jeep to do such crawling. But now it may be a possibility.

Plus, having 4:1 means I go from having 300ft lbs of torque to 1200ft lbs of torque :laugh:

Theoretically of course....

#1,471 ·
I do no rock crawling. That's because I didn't have a Jeep to do such crawling. But now it may be a possibility.

Plus, having 4:1 means I go from having 300ft lbs of torque to 1200ft lbs of torque :laugh:

Theoretically of course....
For crawling with a manual gearbox, its great to have. For trail riding with an auto, I would pass. Not necessarily directed toward your transmission just my experience.

And since this is chat, I would like to voice my pet peeve with the term "tranny". If you use it when it comes to vehicles it should only be because you have one in the back seat of your police car in handcuffs or the passenger seat ready to be tied up with handcuffs. Either way, its a bad thing. Transmissions are transmissions. Trannies are dudes in disguise.

#1,472 ·
There's a tranny in one of my classes at school. He/she likes to listen to music and dance in the hallway. It makes me wanna puke

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#1,475 ·
Anyone think a D44 will be fine on 35's behind a V8? There's one local for pretty cheap...
It'll be ok with good shafts lol. If it lives under mine it'll live under yours lol

#1,478 ·
Picked these up for free last night
5 stock tj wheels and 4 chromed steel bullet hole wheel plus bald tires...besides the tj spare but its too small

Plant Automotive tire Tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Ill take anything if its free. If nothing else I'll sell them.