YJ Chat and non tech - Page 650 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Chat and non tech

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #9736
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post

yep. A lighter an a can of starting fluid.
fify

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #9737
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Killin me Smalls!

Funny how folks would be ok with this sentence. Didn't mean to be a grammar nazi earlier but it made an opportunity for a good joke.
I'm glad you did correct me because I had no idea! And indeed someone would undoubtedly think it was a perfectly fine response.

Keep up the good work

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #9738
Delawdude

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
I'm glad you did correct me because I had no idea! And indeed someone would undoubtedly think it was a perfectly fine response.

Keep up the good work

Guilty
Delawdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #9739
Delawdude

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sitting at my daughters softball game--why do French fries and hamburgers taste so much better at these games?
Unread 05-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #9740
whiskeywiz
Heineken?
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Cuz you just got outta work an ain't eat yet.
whiskeywiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2014, 07:33 PM   #9741
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delawdude View Post
Guilty
Don't worry. I'm an engineer which means I cannot spell or write properly...which I can't.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2014, 08:20 PM   #9742
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Don't worry. I'm an engineer which means I cannot spell or write properly...which I can't.
But you can math purty good.
image.jpg

Unread 05-08-2014, 11:52 AM   #9743
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Gotta love the job market in Texas. One application and a call 45 minutes later. Waiting on the email that allows me to do all I my W2 stuff.
Unread 05-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #9744
whiskeywiz
Heineken?
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
Gotta love the job market in Texas. One application and a call 45 minutes later. Waiting on the email that allows me to do all I my W2 stuff.
What field?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using JeepForum
Unread 05-08-2014, 02:22 PM   #9745
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeywiz
What field? Sent from my Nexus 7 using JeepForum
Just autozone. Still going to school for MGMT so no big boy job yet.
Unread 05-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #9746
whiskeywiz
Heineken?
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post

Just autozone. Still going to school for MGMT so no big boy job yet.
Nice. I have 2 guys and one chick that I appreciate at my AZ. Also have one guy I try to avoid. He's a kid, seems like he's stoned all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using JeepForum
Unread 05-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #9747
panaceabeachbum
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I just dug into my dad's sprinkler boxes the other day. Sixteen black widows inside and I had to turn on all of them manually.

How did you turn the spiders on, by hand or seductive dance?
panaceabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2014, 05:08 PM   #9748
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by panaceabeachbum View Post

How did you turn the spiders on, by hand or seductive dance?
Lemme tell ya a completely unrelated story about spiders and their seductive dances:
Back when I had my old Cherokee, I used to load it up and take it to the family camping trip every year. Some time near 2003, I as out teaching my sister how to drive on the campground roads. I tell her to stop as something wicked scurried across this single lane ahead of us. It was, in fact, a tarantula.

Mwaahahahaha! (Thunder crashes; scary organ music plays)

Anyways, i always carried a nine iron with me for prodding the fire and I pulled it out of the back and shooed the big hairy spider into a shoe box among the trash in the back of the jeep at the time. As we got back to camp, I was regaling the family with the perilous tales of how I vanquished the spider and captured it as a prisoner

(Another maniacal laugh and some more thunder)

Just as I'm poking it with a stick and dinner is almost finished, a park ranger donned in green and khaki with curly locks and coke bottle glasses saunters up and he asks what's in the box. We tell him (the androgynous aire has left the camp when he spoke though we continued to call him Pat) that its a tarantula recently captured up the hill and its now my pet to stick on my siblings as they sleep.

He gets defensive and tells me that its park property and I'm not allowed to take it. I assure him that my pet probably won't make it through the night as he will be smashed probably as its on someone's face Marv style from home alone. He isn't amused at this point. So I ask him a park ranger-y question as to why this elusive spider is just running around willy nilly and not out stalking some cat or toddler as prey. He explains that its mating season. (And here's where it gets creepy, folks!)

Mister park ranger is quite fond of all flora and fauna especially when it comes time to make little baby flora and fauna. Great expense was exerted and no detail was omitted as he intricately described the mating process of these dying Arachnids. There is a scent trail that they follow, then a meeting, then a game of cat and mouse. Then comes the gross part. They "dance" back and forth using their numerous legs as hand holds in some sort of tango. More like whiskey tango foxtrot. My interpretation is that momma is saying no and daddy is gonna be facing 20 years for forcing himself. I'm not versed on animal law. However the way ranger man waved his arms back and forth showing the "dance" they do and muttering like Milton from office space "I like to watch them dance" "You should watch them dance with me". Enter the heebie jeebies and the makings of an episode of svu.

Anyways I told him he was creepy and he left but not without telling me I could donate him to the visitors center by the lake. So I did. And Nick the Tarantula danced alone until his death in 2004.

Long winded story but someone had to tell it. Now, to go back and fix that misplaced modifier...
Unread 05-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #9749
Delawdude

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well - that's about as creepy as the story I heard about a father who, when his son had a runny nose, would put his mouth over the nose and suck out the snot and spit.

Yeah - that had me cringing for a while…..Love my kids - but there aint NFW that's happening.
Unread 05-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #9750
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeywiz
Nice. I have 2 guys and one chick that I appreciate at my AZ. Also have one guy I try to avoid. He's a kid, seems like he's stoned all the time. Sent from my Nexus 7 using JeepForum
I hope to be one of the good guys lol. But I think I'm going to be delivering parts to shops which is cool because maybe I could get to know a few guys who could help me with my Jeep.

It's raining so hard here. I haven't seen any storm near this bad in a long time in California.
image-4202352872.jpg

image-3106674112.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.