YJ Chat and non tech - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Chat and non tech

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 07-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #76
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdewit View Post
USMCBuckWild, I couldn't agree with you more.

Regarding
True. My words may have been a little too strong in the context. A little common sense goes a long way.
Its all good man, I know what you were trying to say, just took an opportunity to poke a little fun.

We have all been in a situation where we had to do something goofy or insane to get by. Not doing that when we have the proper tools at hand is the key. We al need to pass on the knowledge we have acquired over the years to the younger generations. I can honestly tell you I am a student at the "School of Hard Knocks" and have yet to graduate. I have the scars and stories to prove it.

It sometimes takes a strong man to admit his mistakes. I preach to my Marines every day; "A smart man learns from his mistakes, a Wise man learns from the mistakes of others" i have no problem explaining the dumb things I have done in an effort to keep someone else from making the same mistakes I did.

Safety is paramount, so lets keep it safe!

USMCBuckWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #77
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie312 View Post
Granted, I'm sure we have all done some crazy things.
But hey, at least I put a chain around it so there was no way it could slide off the air jack. I was doing my exhaust all from scratch.
One other thing I always do is shake the crap out of it before I get under it, I would rather my Jeep get hurt than me get hurt.

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/a...0303121828.jpg
What the s*** is that? What a terrible way to lift a vehicle.

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #78
G30SFF250
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Pete you know the old saying, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. So you must be plenty strong!

Glad you got everything taken care of!

Speaking of things to get done, I need to put a trailer harness on my jeep. I'm going to pull a trailer up to TN.
Sounds like you are leaving GA for TN.

Unread 07-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #79
moonpie312
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
It's better than I've seen other people do. And what exactly is wrong with it? jack stands in the back and the air jack in the front? The air jack is often more stable than jack stands. Yes I know the pads are a little unnerving to look at but I preloaded the chain around the whole setup so as it went up it tightened. It is completely impossible for it to slide off in any way.
And like I said, I always shake the vehicle very hard before I even think about getting underneath it to prove its safe. So maybe lighten up a little bit eh? Its not like I just jacked it up and slid under and trusted it to my life? I have lifted many vehicles this way and never had a problem. If I had a better spot to lift than the springs I would have. Besides it is higher in the air than it looks, there was no other way to get it that high, I had to lift the back with the air jack, put the stands under and then move it to the front. You don't have to be an *******.
moonpie312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #80
imstillatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
It goes with the shackles, though.. no?
imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 04:42 AM   #81
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30SFF250 View Post
Sounds like you are leaving GA for TN.

Yep. There will be too much orange for me especially since I'll be starting my masters at UT.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 05:47 AM   #82
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imstillatwork View Post
It goes with the shackles, though.. no?
Those shackles are pretty scary. If this was a who has the biggest shackle contest, he would definately be the winner!
Unread 07-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #83
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Were wires crossing and/or grounding out?
It would work then not work. Only failing on starting, if the heap would start I was golden, starting was the issue. Would disconnect it and do a continuity check and good. Would reconnect it and nada. Like there was rust inside the connector.
Took me months to find that little POS!
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #84
Poke
runtime error = 0

2015 YJ Wrangler 

As nobody has added anything helpful to this thread I will. It's not YJ tech and does not belong.

WRONG

RIGHT
Poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #85
tdewit
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yep to ^^
tdewit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #86
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

[quote=Poke;13874588]As nobody has added anything helpful to this thread I will. It's not YJ tech and does not belong.

Good pics!

I think a few people have added some helpfull things but maybe not with pics.
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #87
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Nice move to non tech!!
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #88
moonpie312
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBuckWild View Post
Those shackles are pretty scary. If this was a who has the biggest shackle contest, he would definately be the winner!
You know not everybody can afford those fancy shackles, these came from O'reilly's for 10 bucks and in the first hole where they currently are, it only gave a 1 inch lift. I haven't had the time to take them back off and cut off the excess and weld a brace in the middle. Biggest shackle contest winner I would take the award if it was in the bottom hole. People like you and the others make a person not want to own a Jeep.
Unread 07-18-2012, 04:46 AM   #89
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie312 View Post
You know not everybody can afford those fancy shackles, these came from O'reilly's for 10 bucks and in the first hole where they currently are, it only gave a 1 inch lift. I haven't had the time to take them back off and cut off the excess and weld a brace in the middle. Biggest shackle contest winner I would take the award if it was in the bottom hole. People like you and the others make a person not want to own a Jeep.
Lighten up a bit mate, it's only fun!

As for the stupid stuff being done with jacks. I once had a guy try to lift my ZJ with a Hi-Lift by the rear fender in the desert on a slight incline with the side he was trying to lift facing down hill. Needless to say that guy never came near me with his stupid suggestions any more!

I like the beaver shackles idea if you're on a tight budget. Just the same (in theory) as a ZJ budget boost, only goofier looking!
Unread 07-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #90
moonpie312
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymartin View Post
lighten up a bit mate, it's only fun!

As for the stupid stuff being done with jacks. I once had a guy try to lift my zj with a hi-lift by the rear fender in the desert on a slight incline with the side he was trying to lift facing down hill. Needless to say that guy never came near me with his stupid suggestions any more!

I like the beaver shackles idea if you're on a tight budget. Just the same (in theory) as a zj budget boost, only goofier looking! :d
Hahaha! Oh man you just made my day. Beaver Shackles.. I can't stop laughing now

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.