Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

YJ Chat and non tech

2M views 33K replies 480 participants last post by  fishadventure 
#1 ·
But tonite as I rode home with the top off I really loved my rust-bucket YJ! At damn near 300k she still runs strong and I won't give it up for the world. She just isn't so pretty right now so some cosmetic work is coming, but after a long time w/o it and just military vechiles it was twice as sweet.

Just figured y'all would get it more so than the rest of the site. ;)

John

#110 ·
#111 ·
Got the new(used) tires mounted y-day.
They were marked this side out on the rwl(raised white lettering), so I had them mounted that way, and the tire guy said he mounted them "backwards" , black out, for a customer and the guy came back a couple days later and had them rwl outed.
They were CHEAP and claims were made of only 200 miles total on them and they looked real good. 6 bills for the 4. Mounting balancing, and road hazard was another $150. Road hazard on used tires, thought that was pretty cool.
But now I kind of see why so cheap.
They seem like nice tires.
BUT...
Bling bling:

I think they are a bit blingy.

#116 ·
I fail.:thumbdown:
So did the Yj...:D
I think it got 10 votes.

I built it years ago so there isn't many help or how to from me now. Mostly how do I keep it running now.
But when I built it, this was the place.

There are a couple things on my list still.
If I want to jeep with a passenger(you all know) I have been told to put in a comfortable seat, or I can go by myself on the long ones.
I have a set of front tube flairs 1/3 done sitting on my workbench.
Also just poped out some real folding on it in the last few.
A new main shaft
A new fuel pump
4 new tires
Catalytic converter
Emissions tests
License plates

J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

#117 ·
There are a couple things on my list still.
If I want to jeep with a passenger(you all know) I have been told to put in a comfortable seat, or I can go by myself on the long ones.
I was told to finish fixing the A/C like I said I would 2 years ago and then I may have a passenger :laugh:.

All I need is a condenser and a recharge but it's still not done. Maybe now that we're living together and Windrock is so close.

#118 ·
I made a list of seats to look at at the junk yard.
I LIKE the way some look.

Leather.

I really like the Exploder leather seats, they are spiffy.
Grand Cherokee limited has some pretty cushy looking leather seats too.
Saw one guy who installed a set of beemer seats into his YJ.

WE are an inventive bunch.

What you think of leather seats in an off roader?
Besides the obvious bling factor...which I will indure for leather seats.