Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

YJ Chat and non tech

2M views 33K replies 480 participants last post by  fishadventure 
#1 ·
But tonite as I rode home with the top off I really loved my rust-bucket YJ! At damn near 300k she still runs strong and I won't give it up for the world. She just isn't so pretty right now so some cosmetic work is coming, but after a long time w/o it and just military vechiles it was twice as sweet.

Just figured y'all would get it more so than the rest of the site. ;)

John

#10,401 ·
That's the plan. I'll check on the frame too. Looks clean so it shouldn't be hard to find.
Good luck man. Thats a steal! Its less than half of what I paid for mine. I got hosed lol

#10,402 ·
Yeah I know. Then I just got this " There are no VIN numbers anywhere,my husband looked high and low and could not find one. Hence the disclosure in the ad".

At least yours has FI :thumbsup:
Good luck. I'd buy it if you could find the Vin.

It's a rebuilt motor too. :laugh:

I've been on expedition portal a lot lately and I want to build an Overland style rig. I feel like I should start on my build so it actually has a direction but I don't even have a Jack or stands anymore. Haha.

#10,403 ·
Good luck. I'd buy it if you could find the Vin.

It's a rebuilt motor too. :laugh:

I've been on expedition portal a lot lately and I want to build an Overland style rig. I feel like I should start on my build so it actually has a direction but I don't even have a Jack or stands anymore. Haha.
Are you going to go back and get your tools or do you have to start all over?

#10,404 ·
Randonexplosion said:
Are you going to go back and get your tools or do you have to start all over?
Basically start over. I had to buy an open end set last week which worked out.

It'd cost more to drive back out and get them then it would to buy new as I need it. I would've brought more but I only have a broom closet to store them in. I have no place to use a floor jack either. All dirt driveway.

I like the house. I just want a garage and concrete.

Edit: I'm sure my girlfriends parents would bring me anything I needed when they drive out for thanksgiving. It's hard to know what you'll need until you need it though.

#10,406 ·

Attachments

#10,408 ·
Congrats SkyJ! Looks like a damn nice house!

Well I never went and looked at that YJ. I'm too busy at work and I leave tomorrow afternoon to Denver for a Rockies/Brewers game. I'll see if it is still around next week.

#10,409 ·
Congrats SkyJ! Looks like a damn nice house!

Well I never went and looked at that YJ. I'm too busy at work and I leave tomorrow afternoon to Denver for a Rockies/Brewers game. I'll see if it is still around next week.
Yes both of them are damn nice houses its the location of the one I own now was the problem to close to neighbors. I needed more space and I got it for a deal. The old man who owned it passed away and the kids are selling it and they live out of state its been tough for them holding onto the house and just want to get rid of it so it worked for both of us. The inspection came in as clean as a whistle. Now my inspection of my house is the only thing left to do then we can sit back and rest at ease.

#10,412 ·
Much better landscape. Good lookin house.
Yea and under ground sprinklers score!!. There are over 15 trees planted on the property blue spruce, aspen, pine and mountain ash. And like 30 different shrubs and bushes. The only downside is all the labor in keeping up with the lawn but if you knew me you would know I love a nicely landscaped lawn and now that I dont do it for a living anymore I dont mind spending Saturday morning doing it.