YJ Chat and non tech - Page 48 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Chat and non tech

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 02-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #706
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
That's exactly why I started my own club. Look for something family friendly and not just a bunch of jerks wanting to drink and wheel.
Checked around and there is only one local club here. Two others are now defunct. I missed their meeting this month so I'll check them out in March. Their website says "family-friendly" so we'll see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper3494 View Post
mmm little far for me to drive lol. and x2 on starting the club. canman told me to and i still havent but we have a group of guys that always go together. 3 guys on 37s 2 on 33s 2 on 31s and nobody is on tons so it makes for some pretty even wheeling
Haha, oh come on it's only a 24 hour drive! What's 24 hours between people that off handedly know each other (barely) through an internet forum?

Ripper I'm super impressed with how much you know/do at 18 years old. Yer gonna go far kid! I'm 8 years your senior, but know only maybe 1/16th about mechanics/Jeeps that you know!

Then again at 18 I had my own General Contracting company and was bidding projects that valued in the millions...In fact I landed a fire station job here on my 19th b-day that was 2.3 million dollars haha. Boy have time's changed! Now I'm on workers comp and barely make enough money to pay the bills. Sigh.

Anyways, props Ripper, keep up the good work bro!

Cheers

Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #707
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Haha, oh come on it's only a 24 hour drive! What's 24 hours between people that off handedly know each other (barely) through an internet forum?

Ripper I'm super impressed with how much you know/do at 18 years old. Yer gonna go far kid! I'm 8 years your senior, but know only maybe 1/16th about mechanics/Jeeps that you know!

Then again at 18 I had my own General Contracting company and was bidding projects that valued in the millions...In fact I landed a fire station job here on my 19th b-day that was 2.3 million dollars haha. Boy have time's changed! Now I'm on workers comp and barely make enough money to pay the bills. Sigh.

Anyways, props Ripper, keep up the good work bro!

Cheers
thanks man i appreciate it, i do all i can to keep learning and trying to do things myself. someday i'd love to open my own shop and build rigs for people, but in my area there's just not enough people interested and no good wheeling spots anyway. so as of now im studying engineering

and that contracting deal sounded pretty sweet, sorry to hear it didn't continue
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #708
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm glad this thread took off again. It seems like the WDYDTYYJT thread is more like the water cooler.
Unread 02-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #709
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's exactly why I started my own club. Look for something family friendly and not just a bunch of jerks wanting to drink and wheel.
So I guess you are discriminating against me huh? Just because you don't drink, doesn't make it wrong.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #710
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
So I guess you are discriminating against me huh? Just because you don't drink, doesn't make it wrong.
I don't blame you for drinking, Ben. If I had a face like yours, I would drink too.

I meant drinking while wheeling. Our club has a zero tolerance on open containers in the vehicle while driving.
Unread 02-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #711
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I was thinking we should try and redirect that thread over this way.

Quote:
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #712
Overhead
You built a 4cyl?

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I don't blame you for drinking, Ben. If I had a face like yours, I would drink too.

I meant drinking while wheeling. Our club has a zero tolerance on open containers in the vehicle while driving.
just a quick side note I'm 22 with a decently built rig. do you know how weird it is when I get to enforce rules and regs of a club to guys that are twice my age? with rigs that cost 8x what mine does? I'm part of my TRC and running for MAL for my group and its a weird feeling man. also that first time on a trail when you get in a bad bind and everyone looks to you to figure it out and you're like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........... yeeeaaaaaaa........ well... hmmmmmmmmm... its a WEIRD feeling
Overhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #713
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ben knows I'm just joking. I'm all for drinking around the campfire.
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #714
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Considering open container is against the law, even on the trail. The people I wheel with, feel the same way, including me. Also some of them are cops.

By the way, the more I drink, the better I look. You, on the other hand, are stuck with that face.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #715
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah it's a curse!! I have to stay away from small children because I scare them, not because of the court order. :haha: And I wheel with my share of police officers as well but I'm the first one to say something on the trail though.
Unread 02-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #716
HaskiE
Thread Reviver

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
thanks man i appreciate it, i do all i can to keep learning and trying to do things myself. someday i'd love to open my own shop and build rigs for people, but in my area there's just not enough people interested and no good wheeling spots anyway. so as of now im studying engineering

and that contracting deal sounded pretty sweet, sorry to hear it didn't continue
Hell Yeah to Engineering! It will take you places! I recommend Electrical, there are more jobs there, and you already know Mechanical haha
#theneverendingaxe
HaskiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #717
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaskiE View Post

Hell Yeah to Engineering! It will take you places! I recommend Electrical, there are more jobs there, and you already know Mechanical haha
My dad's a EE so I'm actually in mechanical. With how electronic everything is now electrical is almost implied in the other types

Probably sent from under my broken heep
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #718
HaskiE
Thread Reviver

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

My dad's a EE so I'm actually in mechanical. With how electronic everything is now electrical is almost implied in the other types

Probably sent from under my broken heep
Wait... you broke the family tree?? How could you lol my Dad & lil' brother are both mech's like I am Haha... Still there's more jobs out there for electrical, that's all I can find lol
#theneverendingaxe
HaskiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #719
Bhamshooter
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The gas price posts a few pages back brought back a fond memory. I was 15, turning 16 in a few months. I got my first vehicle, a '91 YJ with the 4.0L and a 5-speed. The reason we got it before I could get my drivers license was so I had time to learn to drive a stick. I had done it before in my granddad's old S10 when I was 13 (probably not a lot of that going on these days, but he lives in a very small town). Turned 16, Dad took me to get my license. Passed the test with flying colors. And about a week later, the first time I filled it up on my own. $14 later it was on F. Gas was under $0.90 a gallon, and it was a 15 gallon tank. Ahhhhh, those were the days. The freedom of being 16, in a Jeep with the top and doors off, and cheap gas. Fast forward about 16 years and it takes about $50-60 to fill up my TJ.
Bhamshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #720
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhamshooter View Post
The gas price posts a few pages back brought back a fond memory. I was 15, turning 16 in a few months. I got my first vehicle, a '91 YJ with the 4.0L and a 5-speed. The reason we got it before I could get my drivers license was so I had time to learn to drive a stick. I had done it before in my granddad's old S10 when I was 13 (probably not a lot of that going on these days, but he lives in a very small town). Turned 16, Dad took me to get my license. Passed the test with flying colors. And about a week later, the first time I filled it up on my own. $14 later it was on F. Gas was under $0.90 a gallon, and it was a 15 gallon tank. Ahhhhh, those were the days. The freedom of being 16, in a Jeep with the top and doors off, and cheap gas. Fast forward about 16 years and it takes about $50-60 to fill up my TJ.
I remember when gas broke two bucks a gallon. I drove past the gas station one night, needing gas but feeling too tired to stop and thinking "yeah I can make it home. I'll just fill in the morning."

Next morning came and I stopped at the gas station. Gas had gone up something like $.08 overnight and was now at $2.03. I remember panicking and thinking "Sh*t well I guess I won't be driving anymore. How the hell could people afford that?" It cost me like $35 to fill the TJ up. Fast forward to now and I would do a lot of things to be able to fill the Jeep up from red to Full for only $35!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.