YJ Chat and non tech - Page 47 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Chat and non tech

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #691
Anticanman
One eloquent mother****er

1994 YJ Wrangler 

The passenger drop front axle is obvious if you take a gander under your Yj. Isuzu Dana 44's aren't as strong as most Dana 44's like those that come in a Yj so your best get would be on preservation. Why that? Because for the cost of a new set of cheap steel wheels you can have a 8.8 out of the junkyard or you can search Craigslist for a busted explorer and swap the disc brakes in yourself if you have the right gears. And you have the right bolt pattern so you only bought an axle and not a set of wheels and tried to do the spacer math for five or six lug difference front to back.

Unread 02-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #692
Anticanman

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
Think it will fit mine because I gots the 4.0 oilpan and ax15?
Better order now, I am willing to get there is a horde of people lined up to buy them since it was posted.
Unread 02-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #693
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper3494 View Post
why would you want to? you already have the HP30 and the Chrysler 8.25 is a turd with almost no aftermarket support
I guess I was looking at the gearing. They match so it seems easy (and cheaper. The lowest I was quoted by a shop in my area for a re-gear was $1300 for a single axle, $2100 for both.) and from what I've read, doing gears isn't something that you can do without a lot of experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
The passenger drop front axle is obvious if you take a gander under your Yj. Isuzu Dana 44's aren't as strong as most Dana 44's like those that come in a Yj so your best get would be on preservation. Why that? Because for the cost of a new set of cheap steel wheels you can have a 8.8 out of the junkyard or you can search Craigslist for a busted explorer and swap the disc brakes in yourself if you have the right gears. And you have the right bolt pattern so you only bought an axle and not a set of wheels and tried to do the spacer math for five or six lug difference front to back.
Thanks again. God going on only a few hours of sleep combined from the last few days is killing me. I didn't even notice the lug pattern difference. I feel dumb lol.

I've just broadened my search. I've checked all three JYs that are local to me and not one of them has an 8.8 with 4.10 gears so I would be forced to regear either the 8.8 or my 30 to make it all match, which like I said earlier, is expensive as hell around here.

Oh well I'll keep looking. Thanks for the support
Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #694
Anticanman

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like you need to befriend someone in a local 4x4 club to do it for a lot cheaper.
Unread 02-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #695
HaskiE

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster93 View Post
A pic of my lower mounts.
They are cheap, like 12 bucks a pair and are simple in design.
ahhhhh thanks I get it now... so can you 'splain to me why teraflex's are $35?? jeez I hope they're grade 8...
#theneverendingaxe
HaskiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #696
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post

I guess I was looking at the gearing. They match so it seems easy (and cheaper. The lowest I was quoted by a shop in my area for a re-gear was $1300 for a single axle, $2100 for both.) and from what I've read, doing gears isn't something that you can do without a lot of experience?

Thanks again. God going on only a few hours of sleep combined from the last few days is killing me. I didn't even notice the lug pattern difference. I feel dumb lol.

I've just broadened my search. I've checked all three JYs that are local to me and not one of them has an 8.8 with 4.10 gears so I would be forced to regear either the 8.8 or my 30 to make it all match, which like I said earlier, is expensive as hell around here.

Oh well I'll keep looking. Thanks for the support
Cheers
Where are you located?
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #697
Anticanman

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaskiE View Post
ahhhhh thanks I get it now... so can you 'splain to me why teraflex's are $35?? jeez I hope they're grade 8...
Because they attach to those mounts and swivel so you can use the angle drilled in the bar.

Unread 02-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #698
HaskiE

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Because they attach to those mounts and swivel so you can use the angle drilled in the bar.

whoa. That's different!! Thanks! I'll be welding it to a JK44 but should be basically the same I think (hope)...
... so do I need 1x$35 or 2x$35? I ordered one...
#theneverendingaxe
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #699
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Got this in an e-mail this morning. My skidplate has shipped. By the end of the week.

"Thank you for your order from TeraFlex! Your product has now been shipped. "

Cool.

I will post a pic or 2 when it happens...
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:53 AM   #700
Anticanman

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaskiE View Post
whoa. That's different!! Thanks! I'll be welding it to a JK44 but should be basically the same I think (hope)...
... so do I need 1x$35 or 2x$35? I ordered one...
It's a set. Unless you wanna be a brah and have a dozen shocks in the rear.
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #701
HaskiE

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It's a set. Unless you wanna be a brah and have a dozen shocks in the rear.
LOL ok good, thanks
#theneverendingaxe
Unread 02-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #702
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster93 View Post
Got this in an e-mail this morning. My skidplate has shipped. By the end of the week.

"Thank you for your order from TeraFlex! Your product has now been shipped. "

Cool.

I will post a pic or 2 when it happens...
Good luck with that... I've heard mixed reviews with the Tera skid bending easily (I'm assuming your talking belly up skid). I'm going with Kilby when I do mine...
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #703
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sounds like you need to befriend someone in a local 4x4 club to do it for a lot cheaper.
You're probably right on that one. My only experience with 4x4 clubs was about 4-5 years ago when I was living in SoCal. I joined a local club down there and had a bad experience. They were all pretentious d-bags that ripped on everyone that didn't have 50-60k built rigs. At the time I had my TJ with a 3" lift and 33s and the next smallest tire size in the group was 37s. They were on a high horse and turned me off of clubs...but you're right I should find one around here and check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper3494 View Post
Where are you located?
Boise, Idaho.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #704
Anticanman

1994 YJ Wrangler 

That's exactly why I started my own club. Look for something family friendly and not just a bunch of jerks wanting to drink and wheel.
Unread 02-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #705
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
You're probably right on that one. My only experience with 4x4 clubs was about 4-5 years ago when I was living in SoCal. I joined a local club down there and had a bad experience. They were all pretentious d-bags that ripped on everyone that didn't have 50-60k built rigs. At the time I had my TJ with a 3" lift and 33s and the next smallest tire size in the group was 37s. They were on a high horse and turned me off of clubs...but you're right I should find one around here and check them out.

Boise, Idaho.

Cheers
mmm little far for me to drive lol. and x2 on starting the club. canman told me to and i still havent but we have a group of guys that always go together. 3 guys on 37s 2 on 33s 2 on 31s and nobody is on tons so it makes for some pretty even wheeling
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.