Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

YJ Chat and non tech

2M views 33K replies 480 participants last post by  fishadventure 
#1 ·
But tonite as I rode home with the top off I really loved my rust-bucket YJ! At damn near 300k she still runs strong and I won't give it up for the world. She just isn't so pretty right now so some cosmetic work is coming, but after a long time w/o it and just military vechiles it was twice as sweet.

Just figured y'all would get it more so than the rest of the site. ;)

John

#881 ·
I would think they would be great and easy to find a location to put it. I think they are rated to 1500 or 3000 psi ...not that it would be needed....
I might need to find me one.
Yeah. I asked professor google and most of what I found said they are rated at 2000 psi when they get filled. So, I have three, possibly four of the ones I pictured above. Now I just need to figure out how and where to mount them. :cheers2:

#885 ·
Anticanman said:
With a compressor? Most of the time you need an inlet and an outlet to run it efficiently. Just my take on it.
Damn. I forgot about that. Are there check valves inside of the tanks that stop air from coming out of the inlet?

Edit: I don't think so because people put outlets on the manifolds in the engine bay which would be before the tank. So I dont see a problem with plumbing it all into the same lines.

#887 ·
Michaelgoesrawr said:
Damn. I forgot about that. Are there check valves inside of the tanks that stop air from coming out of the inlet?

Edit: I don't think so because people put outlets on the manifolds in the engine bay which would be before the tank. So I dont see a problem with plumbing it all into the same lines.
I would think you drill a hole in other end and weld in a bung with threads and move to the next step...and the check valve won't be in the bottles...they will be in the regulator...pull it and thread in whatever you want. You might even be able to find a two way valve, one that allows a supply and return kinda deal?? That would eliminate having to drill and weld the other end.

#888 ·
Maybe I'm stupid today but I still don't understand why I'd need an outlet port. If I have them connected together to act as one tank, why wouldn't it be alright to use the same inlet as an outlet? I'm sorry I'm not getting it. Maybe I need to go look at a 120v compressor to see what I'm missing.