YJ Chat and non tech - Page 406 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Chat and non tech

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 11-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #6076
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
I made a mistake of calling a JK a mallcrawler and all the JK owners come out of the wood work knocking in my "brokendown 18 year old TJ that's worth 700 " so I taught them some basic math that 2013-1989= 24 And the span of Yj and Tj production and explained everything functions and it does not have any issues like JK's have. And we will see how well JK's hold up in 24 years. They really got but hurt when I told them that I could spend 1/3 of the amount they spend on their jk and builds with a Yj that will be stronger and more capable so they started talking about stock capability. I agreed that the jk is more capable when it comes to hauling groceries and emptying wallets. They replied with about my AMC 258 being a Chrysler renix so I had to tell them to continue reading wiki where most info is wrong. I can not help the fact they can not take a joke.

IMO 20" rockstar wheels and a spotless jeep = mallcrawler
Let's see them come over to ower neck of the woods, f12, and see what happens!

ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #6077
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Its ok. I deal with that all the time. 3/4 of my own club is jk and jku owners that never owner or wheeled a jeep before. I can see the judgement in their eyes and the air of superiority that surrounds most of them is almost palpable. A handful of them wheel like a demon and go home every week with body damage and a smile, but the rest???

I usually just try and take harder lines then them, laugh when they scuff a wheel or something, and smirk when their bubble of arrogance pops when their fat Jeeps get themselves wedged quite literally between a rock and a hard place.

I take comfort in knowing my whole build, including my purchase price, will be less than a year of their payments.

Not to mention I'm fairly confident that anything that does go wrong or brakes on my jeep can be fixed relatively cheap and with my own two hands.

Jk owners seem to forget that cj's and later yjs were conquering all the same trails we're doing today generations before Slinky suspensions, push button disconnects, and Ac were even a dream of being in a jeep. I like my Jeeps simple, rugged, and reliable.

Let them talk all the smack they want. When they move onto the next wrangler, your yj will still be crawling along asking for more.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #6078
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Let's see them come over to ower neck of the woods, f12, and see what happens!

Agreed lol!

Here's a pic of one of my friends with a JK. He beats on that thing. In fact he really crunched in his rear drivers quarter on this obstacle. I offered to pull line for him to get up this, but he was determined to make it sans winch...Ended up pulling cable to prevent him from flopping on his roof!

Him too...

And of course, ZER030 is the master of banging his junk up. So far he has grenaded his d44, crunched in two of his doors, broke 2 control arms, blew out his ball joints, smashed in his stock sliders, added a ton of trail rash and pin striping, ripped his carpet out, we built his front/rear bumpers, smashed in a steel wheel....

Out of the 20+ JKs we wheel with, those three guys are the only real Jeep guys. The rest are mall crawlers. Including two 17 year old kids whose dad's bought them JKURs, lifted them and put 37s on for them. They were the biggest d-bags I've ever met in my life.

Cheers
Unread 11-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #6079
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well it appears that the op in my previous mentioned thread is indeed a mallcrawler. He commented he is 17 his dad got it for him and it is in a shop getting a touchscreen and 2 10" subs. Non of the JK owners commented about it being a mallcrawler
Unread 11-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #6080
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well it appears that the op in my previous mentioned thread is indeed a mallcrawler. He commented he is 17 his dad got it for him and it is in a shop getting a touchscreen and 2 10" subs. Non of the JK owners commented about it being a mallcrawler
Where is this thread? I wanna opcorn:

Cheers
Unread 11-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #6081
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
Where is this thread? I wanna opcorn: Cheers
X2! It's all okay. Everyone will hate on new Wrangler owners when Fiat/Jeep ditch the solid axle in 2016.

Edit: 15 sec of white smoke on acceleration on a truck is a head gasket right? My girlfriend sold her '89 'yota pickup to a women she works with earlier this year. We helped her move today. She was using the truck to tow a trailer and everyone but me thought it was a brilliant idea to load up the trailer with heavy stuff. They were trying to fit other stuff with a damn piano. The little 4cyl blew white smoke when she turned onto the hwy after about a mile on housing streets. But that was really it.

I wish she never sold the truck. Makes me sad seeing it around.
Unread 11-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #6082
SH00T3R
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Mall Crawlers... Although Im not going to lie, Id love to have one for my wife to drive but if that happened Id wheel the crap outa it. lol

”When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”
SH00T3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #6083
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
Where is this thread? I wanna opcorn: Cheers
Pic request section titled new jeep what do ya think will make if look better or something like that
Unread 11-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #6084
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Pic request section titled new jeep what do ya think will make if look better or something like that
I'm on my way
Unread 11-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #6085
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391
I'm on my way
This should be fun.
Unread 11-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #6086
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Post a link? I got tired of trying to find it on my phone...

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #6087
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion
Post a link? I got tired of trying to find it on my phone...
Go into general jeep section
Unread 11-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #6088
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
This should be fun.
Found it.
That GeckoFun should have been perma-banned a long time ago. The single biggest d-bag I've ever seen on the internet. Yes I will stand behind that statement.

Cheers
Unread 11-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #6089
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Can someone kill this guy please. This is so horrible, makes me sick.

Last edited by Anticanman; 11-03-2013 at 12:23 AM.. Reason: I can't look at that. Please don't post anything like that again. I know your intentions, but still.
Unread 11-03-2013, 12:17 AM   #6090
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Where did you see that? He'll get what's coming to him. They all do. I just hope it's a slow fiery death.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.