Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

YJ Chat and non tech

2M views 33K replies 480 participants last post by  fishadventure 
#1 ·
But tonite as I rode home with the top off I really loved my rust-bucket YJ! At damn near 300k she still runs strong and I won't give it up for the world. She just isn't so pretty right now so some cosmetic work is coming, but after a long time w/o it and just military vechiles it was twice as sweet.

Just figured y'all would get it more so than the rest of the site. ;)

John

#7,422 ·
70k a year isn't enough to live on? I make less than half that...
Yea but you dont live in commifornia, you live in free spirited Colorado. Im with you there, leave it to a Californianan to make the rest of us feel like we work for peanuts lol.

#7,426 ·
I am single income (family of 5) and get by on 42k a year!
Totally doable!
Before my accident I made about 50k a year as a carpenter. Right now on workers comp I make about 19k a year...HUGE hit to my income! :eyebulge:

It's been a tough 18 months to say the least.

I've always thought about dressing myself up really nice, and driving around the neighborhoods with 500k+ houses with brand new 60k cars in the driveways, knocking on doors and asking "WTF do you do, how did you get into it, and how do I do that too!"

Coming from a "working class" family, I don't know what jobs exist other than ones that physically build or repair things...and I wanna join the 6 figures a year club!

Cheers

#7,427 ·
Sparrows said:
Totally doable! Before my accident I made about 50k a year as a carpenter. Right now on workers comp I make about 19k a year...HUGE hit to my income! :eyebulge: It's been a tough 18 months to say the least. I've always thought about dressing myself up really nice, and driving around the neighborhoods with 500k+ houses with brand new 60k cars in the driveways, knocking on doors and asking "WTF do you do, how did you get into it, and how do I do that too!" Coming from a "working class" family, I don't know what jobs exist other than ones that physically build or repair things...and I wanna join the 6 figures a year club! Cheers
Can I be your protegè when you drive around? That way I can find where the market is lol

DISCLAIMER: YOUR ACTIONS ARE CURRENTLY BEING MONITORED.

#7,428 ·
Totally doable!
Before my accident I made about 50k a year as a carpenter. Right now on workers comp I make about 19k a year...HUGE hit to my income! :eyebulge:

It's been a tough 18 months to say the least.

I've always thought about dressing myself up really nice, and driving around the neighborhoods with 500k+ houses with brand new 60k cars in the driveways, knocking on doors and asking "WTF do you do, how did you get into it, and how do I do that too!"

Coming from a "working class" family, I don't know what jobs exist other than ones that physically build or repair things...and I wanna join the 6 figures a year club!

Cheers
Blue collar utility company workers are in that club. Get yourself in it.

#7,430 ·
I want want to join the blue collar club that lets me move to the mountains ! , But the way things are going ill have to wait until I retire to do that . Move to the mountains that is .
Sooooo Jellous
You're welcome anytime, Joe.

#7,433 ·
Aswom now I have to start keeping score . I have to say only 15 points for YJ s though com on .
Gotta admit I dont wave to soccer moms tho I just figure they dont get it . Hope that dosent make me a bad person .
Soccer moms are probably driving something newer, so ITS up to them to wave first...:laugh:

#7,435 ·
Dumbest video ever. They can at least get the years right for the YJ's. The point system is stolen from another site.
Never seen the other video. Nor had I seen a "point" system... Oh well Die all round headlights!

#7,436 ·
Dumbest video ever. They can at least get the years right for the YJ's. The point system is stolen from another site.
Oh come on Nick there are Dummer video's out there .

Never seen the other video. Nor had I seen a "point" system... Oh well Die all round headlights!
I like the way you think .....lol

#7,437 ·
15 you say? Shoot that's only 3 years off...
Ain't gunna' happen. She's VERY goal oriented, 4.0 Baccalaureate, two academic scholarships already lined up, working on a third, has a dad that will kick the crap out of any guy that distracts her, and she already claims she won't get married until she owns her own house and Jeep. She want's mine. That ain't happening either.

Yea but you dont live in commifornia, you live in free spirited Colorado. Im with you there, leave it to a Californianan to make the rest of us feel like we work for peanuts lol.
70k a year here is like 200k a year in Cali....I *wish* I made 70k a year!

Cheers
$70K anywhere is a good job. But yeah, the cost of living is higher here than in other areas. I pay more in property tax each month than most people in nice tract houses pay in a mortgage payment. ($1690)
It's all relative. The more you make the more you spend. The more you spend the more you have. The more you have the more you have to lose. The more you have to lose, the harder you have to work to keep it.
Is it worth it? You bet your mother it is. If you work hard enough and smart enough, you can have what you want later. Fill the needs and cut back on the wants until you can afford them. Most people can't do that.
All you need is courage to make sacrifices, and stay with your dream.

Totally doable!

Cheers
You are a smart guy. You don't need their ideas. Put more thought into your own dream and don't look to others for it. That is the exact reason poor people buy lottery tickets. The lottery is how the government taxes the poor.

Funny story.. When we were stilll living in our guest house while we were finishing the main house, we went around to all the neighbors on our street. Keep in mind there are only six hoses on the whole street. Gated five plus acre properties. As we were putting together Christmas cookie gifts for all the neighbors, we realized that other than us, every house on this street is owned by a single woman. Mind you all these houses are in the 3 million range. Still to this day, three are still owned by single women. The nicest house on the street has a 70 foot waterfall that drops into a lake with paddle boats etc.. It's an amazing house, and she is a really good looking woman. She won the house in the divorce and he has to pay to keep her in the lifestyle. He's a multi millionaire so he can afford it. Betsy does not like me to go to her house alone. The one directly across the street is owned by a woman in her late thirties, early forties, former fitness champion, and she owns some children's fitness company.
Another one is a single woman that ... crap, this post is getting too long. Sorry. I'll stop.

#7,439 ·
x2!!

kudos Rik! after having read that I guess I dont feel so bad for being 'poor' then... I make less than that and live in a super 'high cost' area lol... double whammy... D'OH!!! but I guess I'm proving 'it can be done!' barely... :rofl:

Cheer's everybody, and Happy New Year!! :cheers2:

#7,440 ·
How do I do it?

BTW, where are those /f12 stickers coming from and where can I get one?