YJ Chat and non tech - Page 27 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Chat and non tech

8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for Jeeps~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 11-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #391
Eron
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
I was at a party on Halloween and after talking about my jeep, a lesbian threw a drink at me and tole me I was what was wrong with this world and I was personally killing mother earth.
I live in a town full of ***%&@*s just like that. And take pride in giving it back to them whenever possible. Ive got a pretty loud stereo system, they dont like it when i park at the Co-Op ( local hippy store ) with Slayer jacked up up as loud as possible. They tried to *****, so i bought a membership for $30. I could go on and on.....i just cant wait to get out of this town.

Eron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #392
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eron View Post
I live in a town full of ***%&@*s just like that. And take pride in giving it back to them whenever possible. Ive got a pretty loud stereo system, they dont like it when i park at the Co-Op ( local hippy store ) with Slayer jacked up up as loud as possible. They tried to *****, so i bought a membership for $30. I could go on and on.....i just cant wait to get out of this town.
I was just up in Sequim last weekend, pretty close to you. Small world.

I had the joy of grabbing a can of gas late last nite and heading out to rescue son #3 who ran outta go juice on the H1. Luckily he knew to head for the shoulder quickly when the Jeep started "running a bit funny." Of course the gas gauge doesn't really work (why would it, it's a Jeep). We just watch the gas gauge. So did he. He just watched it climb beyond the stop-and-fill-up point.

Before I got the few miles to him, fellow Jeepers had already stopped to check on him, and moved on when he told them Dad was in-bound with gas. Do the Prius and Hybrid guys do that for eachother?

We practice the Jeep wave out here.

Fill out your PROFILE, and don't forget to look in the FAQ for writeups

I'm stuck on da Rock http://kamfamily.wordpress.com/2009/...waiian-limpet/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian4.2 View Post
We will be going Metric every inch of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
yes I'm a some guy and have always put gasket sealer on my surfaces before mating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjeep View Post
You should go to Pirate. I hear they are real smart over there. You'd fit right in.
Opihi59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #393
jojojeep1
1988 YJ Wrangler 

hey guys i hate to do this but i have two trees hanging over my house cause the storm on long island, i need money to have them cut down , and money is tight, so i may sell my jeep to pay for it , i own the jeep 4 years and i just posted my first set of pics , the day of the storm, the pics are on page 24 i thin k this is page 26 if you want to see it or go to my gallary, or joeylep@optonline.net .thanks
jojojeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #394
jojojeep1
1988 YJ Wrangler 

by the way im asking $6,000 or best offer.
Unread 11-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #395
Eron
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojojeep1 View Post
by the way im asking $6,000 or best offer.
Sorry to hear about your tree issues man. Hope you can figure something out to have to sell the Jeep. Wish i was closer i would be to give ya a hand with tree removal.
Eron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #396
jojojeep1
1988 YJ Wrangler 

thanks my bro . i called at three guys, i know these guys at least 40 years they all do tree remove, i told them i could give them $1000 per month for one year, each one of them said no prob. i'll be there the next day . and all three did the same thing yep you got it NO SHOWS and they wont lift the phone when you call cause they see your phonenumber on caller i.d , what a shame they just could of said they can't and that would of been fine, now i'll beat ya everytime one of them see me they will hide or walk the other way so relly it's not my prob. there the one that feels the shame.

Last edited by jojojeep1; 11-05-2012 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: na
Unread 11-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #397
ThomasYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was at a party on Halloween and after talking about my jeep, a lesbian threw a drink at me and tole me I was what was wrong with this world and I was personally killing mother earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
I hope you took a s**t oh her hood. Oh btw, if that happened to me I would have found out what car she drove and accidentally burry my bumper into her car ... that is what insurance is for
Quote:
My girlfriend wouldnt let me. But next time I head down I'll have my rig back. And I may end up on her hood by accident.

you could always gouge a giant B===D into her hood since she decided to act like one. just sayin.
ThomasYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #398
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just got word I'm headed back to the Midwest in Feb!

Missouri watch out.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #399
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
Just got word I'm headed back to the Midwest in Feb!

Missouri watch out.
Davis Montham to Whiteman AFB? Might find more Jeep parts but they may be a bit rusty.

Fill out your PROFILE, and don't forget to look in the FAQ for writeups

I'm stuck on da Rock http://kamfamily.wordpress.com/2009/...waiian-limpet/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian4.2 View Post
We will be going Metric every inch of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
yes I'm a some guy and have always put gasket sealer on my surfaces before mating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjeep View Post
You should go to Pirate. I hear they are real smart over there. You'd fit right in.
Opihi59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #400
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
Davis Montham to Whiteman AFB? Might find more Jeep parts but they may be a bit rusty.
Haha, I hear ya.

My wife and I are from Omaha originally so this is close to going home for us.

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
Unread 11-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #401
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

At least you have something to look forward to in Missouri. We army guys only had Ft Leonard Wood which only had one upside outside the (decent) PX which was the Bass Pro Shop which is three hours away.
Unread 11-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #402
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
At least you have something to look forward to in Missouri. We army guys only had Ft Leonard Wood which only had one upside outside the (decent) PX which was the Bass Pro Shop which is three hours away.
Always a good thing.

And whats up with the Shakespeare? (Had to look that one up)

Unread 11-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #403
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
Always a good thing.

And whats up with the Shakespeare? (Had to look that one up)
Syntax is the key. It meant something to Sarah Pardee Winchester and as of late I have a strange understanding of her haunted obsession when I look back at my jeep. I can see exactly what Richard II was saying in the monologue that people just don't understand everything but the world will go on with some of the decisions made for them for the greater good. It's inspiring to make every decision count as Richard is in prison when he says it. Not that I have ever been in jail but we seem to feel the most motivated when we are restrained and have a chance to accept it or fight it.

Unread 11-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #404
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Syntax is the key. It meant something to Sarah Pardee Winchester and as of late I have a strange understanding of her haunted obsession when I look back at my jeep. I can see exactly what Richard II was saying in the monologue that people just don't understand everything but the world will go on with some of the decisions made for them for the greater good. It's inspiring to make every decision count as Richard is in prison when he says it. Not that I have ever been in jail but we seem to feel the most motivated when we are restrained and have a chance to accept it or fight it.

Gotcha.

Was curious if you were refering to the windows as well. I didn't know about that until I did a little web searching.

Interesting stuff.

Unread 11-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #405
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

The windows are an important part of the room. It's effing gorgeous but the windows will never see the light of day which makes the meaning even more interesting. I have had Henry VIII quotes in my sig but nobody commented on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.