YJ Chat and non tech - Page 245 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Chat and non tech

Jeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Reply
Unread 08-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #3661
Luuca
Typical /F12 Hooligan
 
Luuca's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 4,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
Oh ok, we'll I'm going to go with a blue red and black paint scheme.. Best of all the worlds

Sent from Peggy's office
If you want to paint it, let me know. I'll help you get it prepped and I know a gal at 1-day will shoot it with a single step paint, door jambs included for about $650

__________________
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L, AX5, 2.5" OME 36Rs, Revolvers, 32" Yoko ATs, 4.10 D30/35 Aussie Lockers F/R Busted Knuckles YJOTM Someday
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" 4" RE Lift, 1.25" BL, 35" Goodyear MTS, 4.10 D44 F/R Locked

Luck Favours The Prepared
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #3662
AmmitOsiris
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood, California
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca

If you want to paint it, let me know. I'll help you get it prepped and I know a gal at 1-day will shoot it with a single step paint, door jambs included for about $650
Where is one day at? I'm in NorCal in case there was any confusion.. But that would be great I need help with prepping it for paint when I decide to do it

Sent from Peggy's office
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #3663
Luuca
Typical /F12 Hooligan
 
Luuca's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 4,001
aww

wrong brentwood

srry'
'
__________________
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L, AX5, 2.5" OME 36Rs, Revolvers, 32" Yoko ATs, 4.10 D30/35 Aussie Lockers F/R Busted Knuckles YJOTM Someday
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" 4" RE Lift, 1.25" BL, 35" Goodyear MTS, 4.10 D44 F/R Locked

Luck Favours The Prepared
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #3664
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.
 
DirtKar's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nor Cal Sierras
Posts: 2,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
Where is one day at? I'm in NorCal in case there was any confusion.. But that would be great I need help with prepping it for paint when I decide to do it

Sent from Peggy's office
1-Day = Maaco type shop. There's one in Antioch if that's what you're after, Jake.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Come on by! It's easy to network locally when you join a 4x4 club especially when all the clubs in your state are united and invited to each other's runs. You meet poor folk like me or run into guys that own some of the big companies you only aspire to order from and drool when you see their products. The great uniting factor is that we are all jeepers at heart and are willing to help each other out even if its just a little. That's what the jeep wave is all about: community. The wave is the tip of the iceberg.
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #3665
AmmitOsiris
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood, California
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar

1-Day = Maaco type shop. There's one in Antioch if that's what you're after, Jake.
Ohh I know a couple people who work at the maaco in Antioch.. One guy with a tj and my friends dad.. But they do crappy paint jobs..

Sent from Peggy's office
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #3666
Luuca
Typical /F12 Hooligan
 
Luuca's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 4,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris

Ohh I know a couple people who work at the maaco in Antioch.. One guy with a tj and my friends dad.. But they do crappy paint jobs..

Sent from Peggy's office
Define crappy. Ours is on a 20+ year old jeep with rippled panels and rock dents and chips. It still shines when we wash it but our expectation was simple: one color, our color of choice, door jambs, tailgate jamb, no peeling or flaking for at least 2-4 years.

We got all that for $650. I'm happy. It's not a $4000 paint job I have to worry about with every trail branch that scrapes along our sides or every rock that kicks up onto the grill.

Honestly, crappy paint jobs are caused by crappy prep, paint, or people. Make sure you do good prep, use good paint, and you are dealing with good people and you'll be ok.

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
__________________
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L, AX5, 2.5" OME 36Rs, Revolvers, 32" Yoko ATs, 4.10 D30/35 Aussie Lockers F/R Busted Knuckles YJOTM Someday
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" 4" RE Lift, 1.25" BL, 35" Goodyear MTS, 4.10 D44 F/R Locked

Luck Favours The Prepared
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #3667
AmmitOsiris
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood, California
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca

Define crappy. Ours is on a 20+ year old jeep with rippled panels and rock dents and chips. It still shines when we wash it but our expectation was simple: one color, our color of choice, door jambs, tailgate jamb, no peeling or flaking for at least 2-4 years.

We got all that for $650. I'm happy. It's not a $4000 paint job I have to worry about with every trail branch that scrapes along our sides or every rock that kicks up onto the grill.

Honestly, crappy paint jobs are caused by crappy prep, paint, or people. Make sure you do good prep, use good paint, and you are dealing with good people and you'll be ok.

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
They tend to do a lot of overspray, windows, everything, it's horrible, I know a lot of people who have gotten stuff done there and it comes out crappy and has orange peel and what not.
Needless to say I don't mind bad paint job because it will get messed up sooner or later, I just don't want my windows messed up. Or anything like that

Sent from Peggy's office
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #3668
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.
 
DirtKar's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nor Cal Sierras
Posts: 2,368
Prep, prep, prep. The more you do up front, the better the result. Orange peel can be remedied for some extra bucks or some sweat equity on your part. Overspray comes off too. The more ya pay, the more you get. I wouldn't be putting a high dollar paint job on something I KNOW is going to get messed up.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Come on by! It's easy to network locally when you join a 4x4 club especially when all the clubs in your state are united and invited to each other's runs. You meet poor folk like me or run into guys that own some of the big companies you only aspire to order from and drool when you see their products. The great uniting factor is that we are all jeepers at heart and are willing to help each other out even if its just a little. That's what the jeep wave is all about: community. The wave is the tip of the iceberg.
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #3669
AmmitOsiris
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood, California
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar
Prep, prep, prep. The more you do up front, the better the result. Orange peel can be remedied for some extra bucks or some sweat equity on your part. Overspray comes off too. The more ya pay, the more you get. I wouldn't be putting a high dollar paint job on something I KNOW is going to get messed up.
Yeah yeah, I just want it to look good before it gets messed up, it will get wheeled when I'm squared away, with my back issues, I mean I won't be wheeling it that hard... Daily driver for now, can't afford for it to be down

Sent from Peggy's office
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #3670
102joe
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CastroValley, CA.
Posts: 521
Got to come up with some sort of antigravity suspension seat so Jake can wheel
__________________
REAL JEEPS HAVE LEAF SPRINGS

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #3671
AmmitOsiris
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood, California
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe
Got to come up with some sort of antigravity suspension seat so Jake can wheel
Tell me about it, then we can sell it for elevnty billion dollars! Mwuahhhahahahah (evil laugh)

But hey I'm more of a laxed guy, I like to chill and relax, but hey docs said I can go mudding... And that's when I tell my brother he's gotta wash it and he is like hell yeah.. Then he's like I'm not making this deal again.. It's just a circle

Sent from Peggy's office
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #3672
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.
 
DirtKar's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nor Cal Sierras
Posts: 2,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe View Post
Got to come up with some sort of antigravity suspension seat so Jake can wheel
I see a lot of bungee cords in his future. How much did you say you weigh, Jake?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Come on by! It's easy to network locally when you join a 4x4 club especially when all the clubs in your state are united and invited to each other's runs. You meet poor folk like me or run into guys that own some of the big companies you only aspire to order from and drool when you see their products. The great uniting factor is that we are all jeepers at heart and are willing to help each other out even if its just a little. That's what the jeep wave is all about: community. The wave is the tip of the iceberg.
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #3673
AmmitOsiris
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood, California
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar

I see a lot of bungee cords in his future. How much did you say you weigh, Jake?
180

Sent from Peggy's office
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #3674
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.
 
DirtKar's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nor Cal Sierras
Posts: 2,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
180

Sent from Peggy's office
We are gonna need to upgrade your cage if we are going to hang you from it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Come on by! It's easy to network locally when you join a 4x4 club especially when all the clubs in your state are united and invited to each other's runs. You meet poor folk like me or run into guys that own some of the big companies you only aspire to order from and drool when you see their products. The great uniting factor is that we are all jeepers at heart and are willing to help each other out even if its just a little. That's what the jeep wave is all about: community. The wave is the tip of the iceberg.
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #3675
AmmitOsiris
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood, California
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar

We are gonna need to upgrade your cage if we are going to hang you from it.
Not only that, we may need to upgrade my belt loops and make a harness.

Sent from Peggy's office
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.