YJ Chat and non tech - Page 245 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Chat and non tech

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCORGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.com

Unread 08-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #3661
Luuca
Professional Novice

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
Oh ok, we'll I'm going to go with a blue red and black paint scheme.. Best of all the worlds

Sent from Peggy's office
If you want to paint it, let me know. I'll help you get it prepped and I know a gal at 1-day will shoot it with a single step paint, door jambs included for about $650

I only get 100 characters including BBcode for my Sig line now so I thought I'd be witty and write until I run out of characters but for some reason I'm not running out of space as if some magic or witchcraft is afoot. I wonder what it could be. Perhaps the planets aligned and I'm the exception to the rule or some benevolent soul in a position of authority has looked down upon me and my predicament and has opted to rectify it in his intoxicated state and make people read this whole thing for no reason at all. Other than his amusement of course.
Luuca is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #3662
AmmitOsiris
JACK WAGON

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca

If you want to paint it, let me know. I'll help you get it prepped and I know a gal at 1-day will shoot it with a single step paint, door jambs included for about $650
Where is one day at? I'm in NorCal in case there was any confusion.. But that would be great I need help with prepping it for paint when I decide to do it

Sent from Peggy's office
AmmitOsiris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #3663
Luuca
Professional Novice

1991 YJ Wrangler 

aww

wrong brentwood

srry'
'
I only get 100 characters including BBcode for my Sig line now so I thought I'd be witty and write until I run out of characters but for some reason I'm not running out of space as if some magic or witchcraft is afoot. I wonder what it could be. Perhaps the planets aligned and I'm the exception to the rule or some benevolent soul in a position of authority has looked down upon me and my predicament and has opted to rectify it in his intoxicated state and make people read this whole thing for no reason at all. Other than his amusement of course.
Unread 08-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #3664
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Where is one day at? I'm in NorCal in case there was any confusion.. But that would be great I need help with prepping it for paint when I decide to do it

Sent from Peggy's office
1-Day = Maaco type shop. There's one in Antioch if that's what you're after, Jake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
I am kinda partial to white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
That's racist, Chris.
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #3665
AmmitOsiris
JACK WAGON

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar

1-Day = Maaco type shop. There's one in Antioch if that's what you're after, Jake.
Ohh I know a couple people who work at the maaco in Antioch.. One guy with a tj and my friends dad.. But they do crappy paint jobs..

Sent from Peggy's office
Unread 08-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #3666
Luuca
Professional Novice

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris

Ohh I know a couple people who work at the maaco in Antioch.. One guy with a tj and my friends dad.. But they do crappy paint jobs..

Sent from Peggy's office
Define crappy. Ours is on a 20+ year old jeep with rippled panels and rock dents and chips. It still shines when we wash it but our expectation was simple: one color, our color of choice, door jambs, tailgate jamb, no peeling or flaking for at least 2-4 years.

We got all that for $650. I'm happy. It's not a $4000 paint job I have to worry about with every trail branch that scrapes along our sides or every rock that kicks up onto the grill.

Honestly, crappy paint jobs are caused by crappy prep, paint, or people. Make sure you do good prep, use good paint, and you are dealing with good people and you'll be ok.

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
Unread 08-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #3667
AmmitOsiris
JACK WAGON

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca

Define crappy. Ours is on a 20+ year old jeep with rippled panels and rock dents and chips. It still shines when we wash it but our expectation was simple: one color, our color of choice, door jambs, tailgate jamb, no peeling or flaking for at least 2-4 years.

We got all that for $650. I'm happy. It's not a $4000 paint job I have to worry about with every trail branch that scrapes along our sides or every rock that kicks up onto the grill.

Honestly, crappy paint jobs are caused by crappy prep, paint, or people. Make sure you do good prep, use good paint, and you are dealing with good people and you'll be ok.

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
They tend to do a lot of overspray, windows, everything, it's horrible, I know a lot of people who have gotten stuff done there and it comes out crappy and has orange peel and what not.
Needless to say I don't mind bad paint job because it will get messed up sooner or later, I just don't want my windows messed up. Or anything like that

Sent from Peggy's office
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #3668
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Prep, prep, prep. The more you do up front, the better the result. Orange peel can be remedied for some extra bucks or some sweat equity on your part. Overspray comes off too. The more ya pay, the more you get. I wouldn't be putting a high dollar paint job on something I KNOW is going to get messed up.
Quote:
Quote:
That's racist, Chris.
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #3669
AmmitOsiris
JACK WAGON

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Prep, prep, prep. The more you do up front, the better the result. Orange peel can be remedied for some extra bucks or some sweat equity on your part. Overspray comes off too. The more ya pay, the more you get. I wouldn't be putting a high dollar paint job on something I KNOW is going to get messed up.
Yeah yeah, I just want it to look good before it gets messed up, it will get wheeled when I'm squared away, with my back issues, I mean I won't be wheeling it that hard... Daily driver for now, can't afford for it to be down

Sent from Peggy's office
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #3670
102joe
Just Only Joe

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Got to come up with some sort of antigravity suspension seat so Jake can wheel

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #3671
AmmitOsiris
JACK WAGON

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe
Tell me about it, then we can sell it for elevnty billion dollars! Mwuahhhahahahah (evil laugh)

But hey I'm more of a laxed guy, I like to chill and relax, but hey docs said I can go mudding... And that's when I tell my brother he's gotta wash it and he is like hell yeah.. Then he's like I'm not making this deal again.. It's just a circle

Sent from Peggy's office
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #3672
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe View Post
I see a lot of bungee cords in his future. How much did you say you weigh, Jake?
Quote:
Quote:
That's racist, Chris.
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #3673
AmmitOsiris
JACK WAGON

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I see a lot of bungee cords in his future. How much did you say you weigh, Jake?

Sent from Peggy's office
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #3674
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Sent from Peggy's office
We are gonna need to upgrade your cage if we are going to hang you from it.
Quote:
Quote:
That's racist, Chris.
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #3675
AmmitOsiris
JACK WAGON

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

We are gonna need to upgrade your cage if we are going to hang you from it.
Not only that, we may need to upgrade my belt loops and make a harness.

Sent from Peggy's office

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.