YJ Chat and non tech - Page 222 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Chat and non tech

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 08-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #3316
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepguy83 View Post
I'm doing great. Thanks for asking.
good to hear.

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #3317
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
On that note, why does everyone automatically assume everyone on this forum doesn't have a job?

I mean its clear to me that, for the most part, most of us work for a living and have priorities that go beyond our rigs.

but I kinda get a little buggered when I see so many replies like, "get a job?"

Idk. kinda condescending to me. I mean, im not trying to be captain america or savior of all that is polite or anything, but "get a job?" is a real childish and ultimately a retarded response to a someone who is just posting up for conversations sake.

whatever. Im tired. I apologize.
When someone complains about money, they're either not making enough or not managing it well enough. Rather than call you incompetent, it was implied that the opportunities for career advancement aren't available and perhaps doubling down on the workload would soothe your woes.

Or would it sound better if jeepguy83 said it?
Unread 08-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #3318
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

whats wrong with you people? Im just trying to have a conversation.

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #3319
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Have you considered a used top or a replace-a-top? What are you looking for? Any particular color? Style? Tinted windows or does it even matter in a soft top?
Unread 08-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #3320
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Perfect question to ask in the xj section.
Dang it. I was hoping Uncle Nick would just know.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #3321
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm going to start a thread gathering as much info about the differences in 231j cases sometime in the next week. I'm quite curious.
Unread 08-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #3322
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm going to start a thread gathering as much info about the differences in 231j cases sometime in the next week. I'm quite curious.
Ill try to add some info on chain/planetary upgrades if you like. I don't have a lot but seemed like not a lot of people knew about it when I asked.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #3323
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
whats wrong with you people? Im just trying to have a conversation.
I got cought up in this on a other thred in this section . Although this section in packed full of the most tallented and, crative folks I have ever encounterd . Someone always has to take counter point ! I guess that come with being tallented and creative .

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #3324
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepguy83 View Post
There's 168 hours in a week. 40 is less than a quarter.

Get another job.
A week has 168 hours.

Since most take a one hour lunch break out of a 9 hour work day (8 hours working) you're actually working about 45 hours a week.

Now take away 56 hours that you're sleeping (8 hours a night) and the 45 hours you're at work and you're down to 67 hours of free time.

Normal people take 2 days off during their work week to unwind and relieve the mental and physical stresses associated with working, so that means you subtract 32 hours for your weekend and you wind up with 35 hours of open time.

Now take away the 10 hours on average most Americans spend in their cars driving to and from work, around town for errands, etc. and you wind up with 25 hours of open time.

Most people take a 1 hour nap in the afternoon after work which leaves you with 20 hours of open time during the week. Then you have to consider taking time to eat breakfast and dinner each day during the week as a part of a healthy diet, which can take about half an hour for each on average, so 1 hour every day for eating and you suddenly find yourself with only 15 hours to juggle with.

You could find a part time, minimum wage $8/hr job but that would yield you an additional $120 before taxes, but since everything is all ****ed up right now, realistically it's about $6.78 an hour in pocket which works itself out to about $100 in pocket.

Now you have to take into consideration that you actually have to drive to and from said part time side job, which might be an average of about half hour both ways because your stupid *** has to rush over there right in the middle of rush hour which leaves you only a measly 10 hours a week to work a part time job.

10 hours x $6.78 in pocket = $67.80.

All that extra work just to make an additional $68, part of which will be spend on the additional fuel you have to use so realistically, you won't be going home with much extra. Not worth it.

Only just some logical reasoning
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #3325
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

That was great.
Unread 08-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #3326
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Nap? What the heck is a "nap"?
And you left out eating breakfast and dinner, using the bathroom, shopping, getting lucky, and feeding the dog.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #3327
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead
Nap? What the heck is a "nap"?
And you left out eating breakfast and dinner, using the bathroom, shopping, getting lucky, and feeding the dog.
He got breakfast and dinner. Not the other important stuff though.
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #3328
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

When I was younger I worked 3 jobs at a time and it was brutal. I was framing about 50 hours a week (6:30am-5:00pm). Two evenings a week I would head over to my buddy's shop from about 6-9pm and help keep the place organized and maintained, and then I worked a 36 hour shift (Saturday 5pm until Monday morning 5am) as a paramedic. I had money but after a year of that I was mentally and physically spent. I quit two of the three and just worked a few extra hours when I could.

Its possible but everything else in your life suffers.

Cheers
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #3329
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wow. That's a lot of letters and numbers to justify laziness. One can do anything if properly motivated. Eight hours of sleep per night is a joke. One can function perfectly fine on five hours of sleep and proper exercise. I've seen the laziest fatbodies receive proper motivation to get up at 0400 every day and be on their feet until 1000 just for the measly pay given.

There are people who get things done and people who make excuses. Who would you want to hire if you owned a business?
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #3330
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Wow. That's a lot of letters and numbers to justify laziness. One can do anything if properly motivated. Eight hours of sleep per night is a joke. One can function perfectly fine on five hours of sleep and proper exercise. I've seen the laziest fatbodies receive proper motivation to get up at 0400 every day and be on their feet until 1000 just for the measly pay given.

There are people who get things done and people who make excuses. Who would you want to hire if you owned a business?
Amen.
Me and you have discussed our work habbits before. One of the reasons I respect you as a person.

Cheers

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.