Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

YJ Chat and non tech

2M views 33K replies 480 participants last post by  fishadventure 
#1 ·
But tonite as I rode home with the top off I really loved my rust-bucket YJ! At damn near 300k she still runs strong and I won't give it up for the world. She just isn't so pretty right now so some cosmetic work is coming, but after a long time w/o it and just military vechiles it was twice as sweet.

Just figured y'all would get it more so than the rest of the site. ;)

John

#402 ·
Just got word I'm headed back to the Midwest in Feb!

Missouri watch out.
Davis Montham to Whiteman AFB? Might find more Jeep parts but they may be a bit rusty.

#406 ·
Always a good thing.

And whats up with the Shakespeare? (Had to look that one up)
Syntax is the key. It meant something to Sarah Pardee Winchester and as of late I have a strange understanding of her haunted obsession when I look back at my jeep. I can see exactly what Richard II was saying in the monologue that people just don't understand everything but the world will go on with some of the decisions made for them for the greater good. It's inspiring to make every decision count as Richard is in prison when he says it. Not that I have ever been in jail but we seem to feel the most motivated when we are restrained and have a chance to accept it or fight it.

#407 ·
Syntax is the key. It meant something to Sarah Pardee Winchester and as of late I have a strange understanding of her haunted obsession when I look back at my jeep. I can see exactly what Richard II was saying in the monologue that people just don't understand everything but the world will go on with some of the decisions made for them for the greater good. It's inspiring to make every decision count as Richard is in prison when he says it. Not that I have ever been in jail but we seem to feel the most motivated when we are restrained and have a chance to accept it or fight it.

Gotcha.

Was curious if you were refering to the windows as well. I didn't know about that until I did a little web searching.

Interesting stuff.

#410 ·
hey guys i hate to do this but i have two trees hanging over my house cause the storm on long island, i need money to have them cut down , and money is tight, so i may sell my jeep to pay for it , i own the jeep 4 years and i just posted my first set of pics , the day of the storm, the pics are on page 24 i thin k this is page 26 if you want to see it or go to my gallary, or joeylep@optonline.net .thanks
Have you checked with FEMA? You might at least be able to get a low cost loan.

#412 ·
You can't stereotype, however, I know a lesbian who drives a TJ and wheels it.
I apologize to those offended, it was more of her level of ignorance and the attitude she copped with me that ticked me off.

#414 ·
I'm sorry also, I meant that as a light hearted comment about a pretty cool lady I know. But in print it doesn't necessarily show that way
I don't like to stereotype, I just hate it when people live up to the stereotype and are down right ignorant. I do conservation work, I recycle, Boyscout all that jazz, I work at an out dooring store that lets me do so much to save the outdoors for everyone its not funny, the fact that I drive a jeep has nothing to do with me bringing death to the world.

#415 ·
I'm sorry also, I meant that as a light hearted comment about a pretty cool lady I know. But in print it doesn't necessarily show that way
no worries :cheers2::rantoff:

#416 ·
New to this site, just sayin hi

I'vebeen a member on wranglerforum for a long time but just recently decided to get on here to to expand my contacts and get more help when i need it. Just wanted to say hi to my fellow YJ'ers as this is where i will be spending most of my time, so whats up yall.

#419 ·
Anticanman said:
At least you have something to look forward to in Missouri. We army guys only had Ft Leonard Wood which only had one upside outside the (decent) PX which was the Bass Pro Shop which is three hours away.
Theres a real nice off road park right in rolla close to leonardwood.
Called smorr(souther missouri off road ranch)
Check out the website. Got lots of pics