YJ Chat and non tech - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Chat and non tech

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #16
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamdan View Post
I recently changed did the internal to external slave conversion. It seems that no one really sells the line for the internal slaves. Does anyone think it would be worth selling before I toss it out?
wrong spot for this (I think) ... I would ask around maybe someone could use it

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #17
bhamdan
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
wrong spot for this (I think) ...
YJ Chat and non tech?
bhamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #18
Anticanman
Follow Me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I think the lines need to be redefined as to what is tech and what isn't. The question was where to buy something which is technically non tech along with asking how much the jeep is worth. But it could be construed as tech and I would answer it.

I really think we need another section along with /f12/ like a /f121/ directory where we can have dedicated Yj non tech where we get answers from Yj folks and not mixups from the tj crowd. Educated as they may be, they're not driving the same vehicle. I don't post about their jeeps value and expect them to not post about mine. If they were local it would be a toss up though.
Unread 07-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #19
bhamdan
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think the lines need to be redefined as to what is tech and what isn't. The question was where to buy something which is technically non tech along with asking how much the jeep is worth. But it could be construed as tech and I would answer it.

I really think we need another section along with /f12/ like a /f121/ directory where we can have dedicated Yj non tech where we get answers from Yj folks and not mixups from the tj crowd. Educated as they may be, they're not driving the same vehicle. I don't post about their jeeps value and expect them to not post about mine. If they were local it would be a toss up though.
Just to clarify, I was asking about the hydraulic line between the clutch master and internal slave cylinder and value of that line, not the value of the jeep itself.
Unread 07-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #20
Anticanman
Follow Me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I know. But the question was how much to buy it. Not what it does. I was making a suggestion for the entire section in this reform and in the process failed to also answer your question.
Unread 07-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #21
Poke
runtime error = 0

2015 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post

It is not well regulated now I doubt a new section would change that. Besides there are other areas of this forum for non tech or general tech. It should be self regulated by members. Mods can't do it all with as many posts as this place gets. It's not the mods fault people post in the wrong section. Its a full time job telling people they are off topic. A forum is its members. Stop answering the non tech and when you see non tech let the OP know. just my opinion on how to slow it down.
Poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #22
bhamdan
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I didnt see a YJ General forum, so I figured this was a good spot. I could post in Wrangler General but that internal slave line is YJ specific I believe (uses a different fitting than external) since the external slaves started in 94.
Unread 07-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #23
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

That's exactly what I had in mind. GD or Wrangler GD is not really correct, since it's YJ specific. We'll get it right and making sense eventually.

Just realized that the two links I put in the first post are lost now that we are on page two. Have to figure something out for that.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #24
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

also part of the problem technical discussions sometimes really quickly turn non-technical and vise versa so that adds to the mayhem ... there is no real easy solution IMO

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #25
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
also part of the problem technical discussions sometimes really quickly turn non-technical and vise versa so that adds to the mayhem ... there is no real easy solution IMO
Very true, but at least if the first post is a question or defiante tech it can wander from there.

There was a post the other day from a guy that was just "Hi, just bought a YJ and checking in" I really had to move it to GD but at the risk of discouraging him from participating. I'm hoping this area can be a home for that stuff.

The good news is none of this is a tatoo; it can be changed pretty easy.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #26
Xpress
Not enough Lumens...

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe I just need to adapt to it, but I currently do not see any feasible nor practical reasoning for forcing me to click more times just to find a thread that I and the rest of the YJ community like having quick access to.
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudsweatNgearz View Post
Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the RIGHT of the people to keep and bear Arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #27
firefighter315
I got a brain sneeze....

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I think its a great idea Bolty. The sticky section had become a bit obese. You know how any of us with a little time on here react to change initially. You've made it clear you are open to suggestion and trying this out for a bit. I suggested in the survey a while back that a YJ advanced tech be added. I thought it may weed out some of the weekly runs of common questions and eliminate sorting through non-YJ threads in the general advanced tech. Not sure it would be popular though considering how the general advanced creeps along most of the time.
Unread 07-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #28
Louie4
Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

The layout works for me.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #29
Xpress
Not enough Lumens...

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Actually I think the thread "What did you do to your YJ today?" should be a sticky because technically it's a technical thread, but just a place for everyone to put their daily tweaks or changes they've done, rather than making a new thread for everything they've did (which is fine, as long as it's a writeup, how-to, or something along those lines, where the process of carrying out the modification might not be clear to people). It's nice having that thread at the top of the forum because it's in an easy to access and convenient place so we don't have to go dig for it.

Threads like "You know you own a YJ when..." or "What makes your YJ unique?" aren't really technical threads, but they do have to deal with the YJ model specifically, so I think it's great that we can have a simple thread such as this for quick access to them. Keeps the top of the board clean and organized and hides the chatter, but still lets us access those threads easily.
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudsweatNgearz View Post
Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the RIGHT of the people to keep and bear Arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #30
TJEvans
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm also a tad surprised that 6-7 stickies are considered "too much." i've been to other forums (covering a varied range of subjects) in which it's not uncommon to see 14-20 stickied posts.

Additionally, the YJOTM threads are also not "technically" technical threads, either.
TJEvans is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.