YJ Chat and non tech - Page 163 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Chat and non tech

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #2431
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I have no idea what you guys are talking about sometimes. Theres a thread for this in GD. I wanna see the Go Pro mount...
I don't want to hang out with the filthy, unwashed masses in GD.
I prefer to keep it classy with the other square eyes.
I do like that we are the only one's with our own "Non-tech" section

The GoPro mount we have right now is just a counterbalanced wand and my hand haha. We're working on getting some other mounts rigged up so we can mount them on the front/back bumpers, roll cage, steering wheel, front/rear wheel wells, axles, etc. We got some stuff going on!

Once we get the custom mounts worked out, I'll post up some write ups for the rest of ya.

Cheers

__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #2432
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: JBMDL, New Jersey
Posts: 1,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr

Plus you get to burn off some of those beer calories. We were down in Hermosa beach a few weeks ago and found a couple of liquor stores that delivered. Haha.
My pizza guy delivers beer.

...it calls for an EXTRA tip but its worth not driving to get it myself

Edit. Thought that was the coolest thing till I read sparrows post...eff you lol. That's a great idea.
Edit edit. Micro brew is where it's at. Or home brewed
image-3614058937.jpg   image-2710292552.jpg  
squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #2433
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler
 
Michaelgoesrawr's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 6,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows

No bad at all
Part of the problem too is that wheeling is actually pretty boring to watch in video form 99% of the time. It's just so slow and cameras really flatten out the terrain so I generally speed things up 2x-3x times for a lot of the shots which exaggerates a lot of the shakes. But please feel free to share! Always looking for new ideas and insights and all that!

I built my last desktop from scratch. Then I got a laptop and it's about burned up now. It's around 4 years old and I gamed it hard for about 3 of those so it has massive heating problems now. That and the registry is pretty much a hundred miles long.....

Cheers
Yeah that'll do it. Haha. I'm sure of could build a nice box from the sales that tiger direct has. My buddy has a gnarly gamer box with a doubt hdmi video card and yadda yadda. I'm not as tech (computer parts) savvy as I once was. That's one of those things that required me to be hands on to fully understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows

I don't want to hang out with the filthy, unwashed masses in GD.
I prefer to keep it classy with the other square eyes.
I do like that we are the only one's with our own "Non-tech" section

The GoPro mount we have right now is just a counterbalanced wand and my hand haha. We're working on getting some other mounts rigged up so we can mount them on the front/back bumpers, roll cage, steering wheel, front/rear wheel wells, axles, etc. We got some stuff going on!

Once we get the custom mounts worked out, I'll post up some write ups for the rest of ya.

Cheers
I go in Wrangler GD maybe once a week and I find myself saying "What is this even here for" and leave shortly thereafter.

For the mounts, I'd imagine a quick fist drilled for a stud for the camera could be pretty handy. Or they have those super magnets for the bumpers. Poly performance has the bolt on brackets for roll cages, but they are damn expensive for what they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy

My pizza guy delivers beer.

...it calls for an EXTRA tip but its worth not driving to get it myself
Now that's a delivery driver. How does that work though? You call and order and ask to speak to him?
__________________
Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Michaelgoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:48 PM   #2434
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez, Colorado
Posts: 4,224
Sparrows, post some pics of your paint progress!
__________________
5.3/4l60e swap

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #2435
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: JBMDL, New Jersey
Posts: 1,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr

Now that's a delivery driver. How does that work though? You call and order and ask to speak to him?
The delivery guy is the guy that answers the phone and they have caller ID. He knows our numbers by now. We tip him good. :-).
squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #2436
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
Yeah that'll do it. Haha. I'm sure of could build a nice box from the sales that tiger direct has. My buddy has a gnarly gamer box with a doubt hdmi video card and yadda yadda. I'm not as tech (computer parts) savvy as I once was. That's one of those things that required me to be hands on to fully understand.
Newegg has some sweet deals on parts. Unfortunately I can only have one project going at a time (or my wallet would just straight up commit suicide) and so a comp has to wait until the Jeep build slows down at the end of summer.

I go in Wrangler GD maybe once a week and I find myself saying "What is this even here for" and leave shortly thereafter.
Try checking into the KK forums. Just....wow

For the mounts, I'd imagine a quick fist drilled for a stud for the camera could be pretty handy. Or they have those super magnets for the bumpers. Poly performance has the bolt on brackets for roll cages, but they are damn expensive for what they are.
We have some quick fists involved We just picked up about half a dozen more of them the other day. I also tore apart a few old speakers I got at a thrift store for the giant magnets. Great minds and all that! Looking into getting a few tripods too and I'll be ordering another GoPro next month after my last round of Jeep parts get paid for so we can capture things from multiple angles. I really enjoy video editing and loathe the fact that my comp is holding me back from any really fun stuff...
Added my response to the quote

Cheers
__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:57 PM   #2437
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
Sparrows, post some pics of your paint progress!
Ask and you shall receive!
First two coats and a wet sand;


I ended up removing the hood and the windshield and some more hardware that I thought I could paint around but ended up not.

I won't be able to do more to it until Sunday. Today was spent helping my little sister with the last bit of wedding prep, then rehearsal, then dinner at the new inlaws house. Tomorrow will be burned up with the wedding and after party...

Is it terrible that I'm now bitter about marriage and would rather just spend the day working on my Jeep?

Cheers
__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #2438
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez, Colorado
Posts: 4,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post

Ask and you shall receive!
First two coats and a wet sand;

I ended up removing the hood and the windshield and some more hardware that I thought I could paint around but ended up not.

I won't be able to do more to it until Sunday. Today was spent helping my little sister with the last bit of wedding prep, then rehearsal, then dinner at the new inlaws house. Tomorrow will be burned up with the wedding and after party...

Is it terrible that I'm now bitter about marriage and would rather just spend the day working on my Jeep?

Cheers
Its looking good buddy.

Naw thats understandable. Unless there is an open bar...

Pics of the sister?

Just kidding.

But not really...
__________________
5.3/4l60e swap

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:09 AM   #2439
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler
 
Michaelgoesrawr's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 6,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy

The delivery guy is the guy that answers the phone and they have caller ID. He knows our numbers by now. We tip him good. :-).
The only delivery we have is Pizza Hut. Blah. Out home town "Pizza Factory" makes a really good Chicken Alfredo pizza so I figure if its "pizza and beer night" I can pick up the latter on the way to pick up the former. Otherwise id try to get one too. If I drank of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows

Added my response to the quote

Cheers
Great minds indeed! They have mini "table top" tripods that may be useful on big rocks or something. I dunno. Lol. Or there is the "gorilla" line of stuff. http://joby.com/ maybe they have something you could work with if needed. I didn't look at the site, just googled "gorilla clamp" Haha.

And I don't know if I said it, but you said the video flattens out the terrain. One of the things I liked most about that video is that you took it up the hills like a tire would. Lol.
__________________
Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Michaelgoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #2440
b_a_mech
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Navarre, Florida
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows

Ask and you shall receive!
First two coats and a wet sand;

I ended up removing the hood and the windshield and some more hardware that I thought I could paint around but ended up not.

I won't be able to do more to it until Sunday. Today was spent helping my little sister with the last bit of wedding prep, then rehearsal, then dinner at the new inlaws house. Tomorrow will be burned up with the wedding and after party...

Is it terrible that I'm now bitter about marriage and would rather just spend the day working on my Jeep?

Cheers
I probably missed it but.....Are you using the Rustoleum or something else? It's looking really good....I'm an aircraft guy myself so I'm watching...I have access to the poly paints and thought of doing mine similar...just got done using some on my boat as a test and it turned out great....used a foam roller....


image-207822687.jpg
__________________
BUILT NOT BOUGHT #602 / ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM #40 / USN HULL #196
b_a_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #2441
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_mech View Post

I probably missed it but.....Are you using the Rustoleum or something else? It's looking really good....I'm an aircraft guy myself so I'm watching...I have access to the poly paints and thought of doing mine similar...just got done using some on my boat as a test and it turned out great....used a foam roller....
Yes rustolium and a foam roller. I thought about using marine epoxy paint since I have a lot of experience tip and rolling with that, but the rustoleum is cheap and so far effective. I'm not looking for a perfect paint job, just a 10 footer (which is about what it was before anyway) and its inevitability going to get scratched and dinged up and need touching up.

I'm really happy with the progress so far!

Cheers
__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #2442
b_a_mech
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Navarre, Florida
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows

Yes rustolium and a foam roller. I thought about using marine epoxy paint since I have a lot of experience tip and rolling with that, but the rustoleum is cheap and so far effective. I'm not looking for a perfect paint job, just a 10 footer (which is about what it was before anyway) and its inevitability going to get scratched and dinged up and need touching up.

I'm really happy with the progress so far!

Cheers
Yeah it's looking good....almost ready for details
__________________
BUILT NOT BOUGHT #602 / ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM #40 / USN HULL #196
b_a_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #2443
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie
 
AZdEvilYJ's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,943
A little late to the party haha, but i Finally got to watch your video Sparrows!! Awesome work!!
__________________
'95 YJ 2.5L
March '13 & '14 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #2444
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_mech View Post
Yeah it's looking good....almost ready for details
Another 2-3 coats and it will be
I want to make sure it's built up enough to be solid/strong.

Oh and Michael, forgot to tell ya I checked out those gorillapod things and they look pretty freaking awesome! I'll talk to Justin when he gets home from his trip and maybe we will go in on a few. Thanks for the link!

Cheers
__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #2445
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
A little late to the party haha, but i Finally got to watch your video Sparrows!! Awesome work!!
Oh thanks man!
Like I said before, I enjoy it, and hopefully they improve as my gear improves and as I gain a better eye for how to correctly film a jeep driving over stuff!

Cheers
__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.