YJ Chat and non tech - Page 1551 - JeepForum.com
 2825Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #23251 of 23550 Old 09-18-2017, 05:53 PM
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92WranglerinUT View Post
Chris, very sorry to hear! His injuries have got to HURT!

puppy, hope your son fares well through Maria! My goodness, what an awful hurricane season!

Since Iain and I are so into remote back country camping, we are usually pretty set with supplies and readiness for anything. And while my parents remembered to fill gas tanks, make ice, fill bath tubs, get propane, and charge electronics, I was surprised they had not gotten LED lights or a french press, nor had they downloaded entertainment on their ipads for the long boring nights without power. Can't forget the creature comforts.
Planning a book exchange would be a good idea too. Find which neighbors have the same taste as you, so you can swap novels during the boredom.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23252 of 23550 Old 09-20-2017, 02:46 PM
mark1305
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hi everyone! We made it through pretty well. Had the windows boarded up, loose stuff secured, and the car gassed and packed. Then as the storm track shifted west and gas supplies between here and our destination in Macon, GA got sketchy we waited and watched. Kept everything packed and ready then decided to stay here rather than risk getting stranded on the road. Lost tv cable, internet, and landline early in the storm but powerlines feeding our side of the street came down in multiple spots causing an unusual situation. Somewhere upstream a line and a neutral shorted together and one of the lines behind me came down. The cross connection backfeeding the neutral upstream fed 120V to both sides of the house circuits but no 240V for the a/c, water heater, or pool pump. That lasted until last Friday when a line crew from Iowa had to secure power to put the broken sections back up. Then Saturday the same crew was on the next block replacing a long section of 7.2KV primary when I had break the news to them that right before they arrived for that a big bamboo plant blew up against the lines they fixed on Friday and everything came down in a big fireworks show. They finished the primary and came back and restored all our lines before dark Saturday. I bought them a couple cases of lemonade and a case of Snapple. Had a good time chatting with the foreman off and on. He was former Army Infantry we compared opinions on why I liked working underground cable about 45 years ago vs why he prefers overhead.

The YJ against the garage door worked well. Only real damage is 16 feet of fence blown down in back and eight other posts have to be restored to vertical. And a bushel or more of the neighbor's ficus and oak leaves in my pool.

I'm getting too old to do these post storm cleanups like I used to. So taking my time.
Mr.B, shaggyjim, DirtKar and 3 others like this.
post #23253 of 23550 Old 09-20-2017, 02:58 PM
csmit328
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'm glad you guys made it through ok. I guess instead of zombie response decals everybody in the southeast should have on disaster response vehicle decals.

post #23254 of 23550 Old 09-20-2017, 03:08 PM
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There are a lot of "No Start" threads just started up from brand new members in the last few hours.

Is this a trick? or coincidence?
post #23255 of 23550 Old 09-20-2017, 03:15 PM
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike134 View Post
There are a lot of "No Start" threads just started up from brand new members in the last few hours.

Is this a trick? or coincidence?
Start handing this out like Halloween candy.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/9...lained-490788/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Come on by! It's easy to network locally when you join a 4x4 club especially when all the clubs in your state are united and invited to each other's runs. You meet poor folk like me or run into guys that own some of the big companies you only aspire to order from and drool when you see their products. The great uniting factor is that we are all jeepers at heart and are willing to help each other out even if its just a little. That's what the jeep wave is all about: community. The wave is the tip of the iceberg.
post #23256 of 23550 Old 09-20-2017, 03:56 PM
-OIIIIIIIO-01
Mall Rated

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike134
There are a lot of "No Start" threads just started up from brand new members in the last few hours. Is this a trick? or coincidence?
It is starting to get colder....

91 YJ 4.0/AX15/231J AA SYE/ Tom Woods CV
3.5" BDS Springs / .75" Booms / 1"BL
HP D30 /Akebono's /1 Ton GM Crossover Steering
Ford 8.8 / Trac loc LSD w/ disc brakes
35x12.5x16 Nitto Trail Grapplers
Walbro255 MetalCloaks
post #23257 of 23550 Old 09-21-2017, 06:35 AM
fishadventure
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1305
Hi everyone! We made it through pretty well. So taking my time.
Finding out if you'd checked in was my main reason for checking in today. I'm glad to hear you're ok!

Shackles and D-rings: different things!
Cranking IS turning over
post #23258 of 23550 Old 09-21-2017, 08:43 AM
92WranglerinUT
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Mark, glad you fared well during the storm. Welcome back.
post #23259 of 23550 Old 09-21-2017, 10:30 AM
cKruzer
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
testing

1987 YJ - Aka; SpeedBump.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Target: 5.3L; AX15; NP231; D44/D60; 4.88s; 36s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
הָיָה הָיָה הָיָה

YJOTM AUG '17
post #23260 of 23550 Old 09-21-2017, 12:12 PM
mark1305
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmit328 View Post
I'm glad you guys made it through ok. I guess instead of zombie response decals everybody in the southeast should have on disaster response vehicle decals.
I haven't put it in the front window yet, but a couple of years ago the county or someone passed out window decals to alert authorities checking after a disaster to the possibility of stranded pets that couldn't be evacuated for whatever reason. Of course, for storms we board up all the windows anyway.
post #23261 of 23550 Old 09-21-2017, 02:42 PM
fishadventure
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1305
I haven't put it in the front window yet, but a couple of years ago the county or someone passed out window decals to alert authorities checking after a disaster to the possibility of stranded pets that couldn't be evacuated for whatever reason. Of course, for storms we board up all the windows anyway.
Holy cow that's funny!

What's not funny is I've not worked all week, and part of last. Sitting in the waiting room at doc's office right now to find out what kind of -and why- pneumonia I apparently have. Blood oxygen was down to 80 the other night...

Shackles and D-rings: different things!
Cranking IS turning over
post #23262 of 23550 Old 09-21-2017, 03:15 PM
jeepster93

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I put those 2 new tires on the rear of the YJ.
They are barely touching the pavement. Just the center 3 inches are contacting the pavement. They have 32 pounds of air in them. They should have more. Not a lot, but 35 anyhow.
If I lower the air pressure to where the entire tire contacts, that is 27-28psi. Too low.
So, is it because they are new and not "squatted" down and softened yet?
I don't remember this being an issue on the prior tires.
post #23263 of 23550 Old 09-21-2017, 03:16 PM
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishadventure View Post
Holy cow that's funny!

What's not funny is I've not worked all week, and part of last. Sitting in the waiting room at doc's office right now to find out what kind of -and why- pneumonia I apparently have. Blood oxygen was down to 80 the other night...
No good, Fish. I just went thru this with my wife, best of luck to you!

Quote:

Come on by! It's easy to network locally when you join a 4x4 club especially when all the clubs in your state are united and invited to each other's runs. You meet poor folk like me or run into guys that own some of the big companies you only aspire to order from and drool when you see their products. The great uniting factor is that we are all jeepers at heart and are willing to help each other out even if its just a little. That's what the jeep wave is all about: community. The wave is the tip of the iceberg.
post #23264 of 23550 Old 09-21-2017, 03:18 PM
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster93 View Post
I put those 2 new tires on the rear of the YJ.
They are barely touching the pavement. Just the center 3 inches are contacting the pavement. They have 32 pounds of air in them. They should have more. Not a lot, but 35 anyhow.
If I lower the air pressure to where the entire tire contacts, that is 27-28psi. Too low.
So, is it because they are new and not "squatted" down and softened yet?
I don't remember this being an issue on the prior tires.
Why is 27-28 too low? Sounds about right to me.

Quote:

post #23265 of 23550 Old 09-21-2017, 03:29 PM
jeepster93

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar View Post
Why is 27-28 too low? Sounds about right to me.
I would think low? But if not, cool.
(the tire guy said 35 minimum)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.