YJ Chat and non tech - Page 1416 - JeepForum.com

1619Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21226 of 21287 Old 03-20-2017, 08:30 PM
puppybreath
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Tried to reply several times and kept seeing : 'User jeepforum already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections" As often as I see lifetime supporter", "supporter, and "vendor" I would expect a far more reliable site than what I am seeing.
Far too many jeep boards online to deal with this crap, so, see ya until you fix this garbage.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21227 of 21287 Old 03-20-2017, 08:32 PM
puppybreath
1989 YJ Wrangler 

This site is nit worth the effort it takes to hit the keys
post #21228 of 21287 Old 03-20-2017, 09:38 PM
Stu4x4
1988 VJ 

Just picked up an 88 Sahara on Ebay with 14,140 original miles. Completely stock. Not sure of the exact condition but I'm ready and willing whatever she holds. I live in Florida and she's in Connecticut so I first have to pay then arrange shipping. She has a few small rust spots. My first question is do I replace the parts or have the fixed via welding? She has original wheels and tires ( I know 29 year old rubber, crazy). I think it's a little faded, not sure how bad. I'm embarrassed but I'm a pavement enthusiast so do I keep her original or get the big tires with new wheels? I'd like to hear your thoughts. I'd post pics but don't know how.

post #21229 of 21287 Old 03-20-2017, 09:51 PM
Chrisnvegas
INFIDEL

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu4x4 View Post
Just picked up an 88 Sahara on Ebay with 14,140 original miles. Completely stock. Not sure of the exact condition but I'm ready and willing whatever she holds. I live in Florida and she's in Connecticut so I first have to pay then arrange shipping. She has a few small rust spots. My first question is do I replace the parts or have the fixed via welding? She has original wheels and tires ( I know 29 year old rubber, crazy). I think it's a little faded, not sure how bad. I'm embarrassed but I'm a pavement enthusiast so do I keep her original or get the big tires with new wheels? I'd like to hear your thoughts. I'd post pics but don't know how.
Make a thread about your new project.
You can post pics using an image hosting service like Tinypic or Photobucket.
It will give a code for .img

No need for big tires if you don't plan on going off road.
One modification leads to another, then another...

I hate computer updates
post #21230 of 21287 Old 03-20-2017, 10:05 PM
Cmanjr
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas
She did a decent job of keeping it on the hill as long as she did, then bailing over the side at pretty much the right time at a decent angle. I keep getting this error message and am thinking it's west coast discrimination. Coastism... "User jeepforum already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections"
I've been seeing that same error a lot lately too. It's annoying. And I'm on the east coast, lol. I have to keep refreshing threads to get them to load or keep hitting the post button several times to get things to post. It's a PITA.

Red 87 YJ - 4.0L - AX15 - NP231 - D30/35
post #21231 of 21287 Old 03-20-2017, 10:19 PM
Chrisnvegas
INFIDEL

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmanjr View Post
I've been seeing that same error a lot lately too. It's annoying. And I'm on the east coast, lol. I have to keep refreshing threads to get them to load or keep hitting the post button several times to get things to post. It's a PITA.
At least we know it's not coastism.
We're being offended equally.

I'm thinking the site has been barraged by JK owners wondering what color shift knob to install.

Another error...

Database error
The JeepForum.com database has encountered a problem.
NHfireLJ likes this.

I hate computer updates
post #21232 of 21287 Old 03-20-2017, 10:29 PM
Cmanjr
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas
At least we know it's not coastism. We're being offended equally. I'm thinking the site has been barraged by JK owners wondering what color shift knob to install. Another error... Database error The JeepForum.com database has encountered a problem.
Probably. Or all of them asking whether they should go 20s with 35s or 22s with 37s on stock gears for their mallcrawlers
Tophog1 and Chrisnvegas like this.

Red 87 YJ - 4.0L - AX15 - NP231 - D30/35
post #21233 of 21287 Old 03-20-2017, 10:49 PM
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

It's because the guests out number the users 10 to 1. I think they are being hit by spammers/hackers. Or it could be that they don't care.

Here, read up:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f373/...tions-3994145/

If you can connect to it...

It seems whenever the total on line reaches about 4800, it gets bad.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
post #21234 of 21287 Old 03-21-2017, 04:24 AM
fishadventure
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppybreath
This site is not worth the effort it takes to hit the keys
Well, after lurking stuff for years I liked the community here so I joined here when I did. No, I'm not paying $10/month or whatever it is (seems pricey in a world of Amazon Prime at $10.99 that has a measurable, accountable value) but I feel like part of something that has benefitted me greatly, and I hope I've contributed to.

Ya, the forum is crashy lately, but the relationships/community are too important to me. Besides, the knowledge base here exceeds most other places and the only 'good' place I can think of at the moment isn't very...polite.... most of the time and puddles up too many threads with arguing and bashing.

So I'd sorta like to coast out the errors cuz I appreciate the folks that tend to congregate here. They make the site worth hitting the keys.

How many old threads actually convince *you* to read all 36 pages? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/length-envy-build-thread-629700/
post #21235 of 21287 Old 03-21-2017, 08:41 AM
jeepster93

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I heard more people filled out final 4 brackets than voted for president...
Shouldn't be surprised, but am.

So reliability...I need to make the YJ MORE reliable.
Talking about all the 25 year old stuff and the stuff that has 200,00 miles on them.
I have actually looked at getting a JK. Tired of working on this...

How does one improve the reliability of a well worn/used jeep?
post #21236 of 21287 Old 03-21-2017, 08:58 AM
Randonexplosion
Deplorable

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Put a Chevy Drivetrain in it
jmart2119 likes this.

post #21237 of 21287 Old 03-21-2017, 09:04 AM
-OIIIIIIIO-01

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppybreath
Tried to reply several times and kept seeing : 'User jeepforum already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections" As often as I see lifetime supporter", "supporter, and "vendor" I would expect a far more reliable site than what I am seeing. Far too many jeep boards online to deal with this crap, so, see ya until you fix this garbage.
I agree, the app sucks too. This my be the only year I'm a supporting member unless they fix these issues.

They can't even mail me my stupid JF sticker. 👎

91 YJ 4.0/AX15/231 D30/8.8LSD
35x12.5x16 Nitto Trail Grapplers
Walbro255 MetalCloaks
post #21238 of 21287 Old 03-21-2017, 09:28 AM
mark1305

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I get the same error a whole lot lately, too. I recently switched to Edge for my main forums since it claims and appears to drain my laptop battery slower than Chrome. I think I was getting it in Chrome sometimes, as well.

When I get the "too many" or "database error" screens, hitting Refresh usually gets me in. Same thing when I hit Send with a reply - Refresh gets in and the post is usually there.

But it is an aggravation.
post #21239 of 21287 Old 03-21-2017, 09:43 AM
Chrisnvegas
INFIDEL

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
Put a Chevy Drivetrain in it
Don't you mean a Hyundai or Honda drivetrain?

The problems we face are low quality replacement parts.
The OEM parts lasted 20 years in many cases.
We are replacing the replacement parts multiple times.

What can be done?
When I replaced my original water pump a couple years ago, I found a NOS mopar water pump and Mopar fan clutch.

After replacing my kids alternator 3 times in the same year, I found a made in the USA new alternator.
I took one of the reman alternators apart and found they had tried to repair a damaged armature. Something that would have been scrapped years ago.

IMO the worst thing we have done as a country is sign the suicide pact with Asia so consumer goods can be bought on the cheap.

It ain't cheap when we have to buy the same thing 3 times.
Slave cylinders anyone?

I hate computer updates
post #21240 of 21287 Old 03-21-2017, 10:01 AM
jeepster93

1993 YJ Wrangler 

A 4 Wheel Parts store just opened a couple miles away.
Some of the stuff in that store is pretty/shiny. Cheap too.
Smittybuilt.
The stuff is pretty though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.