YJ Chat and non tech - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Chat and non tech

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #196
dvr6
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
Some couples go over their budgets very carefully every month; others just go over them.
Wise man here.

dvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #197
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

my wife and i have a good plan. every part i get, she gets equal funding for what she wants. and she only cares if its over 100 bucks. and sometimes, she doesn;t even care. i got the offenhauser intake, the holley four barrel, the 302 and trans, and new rims without her even making a comment. the softopper though, required a family vacation to my sister's house in the carolinas. which was fine with me.

we have been married 13 years and some months, since she was 19. and she is good at finding deals for rare or expensive parts. sometimes she has a list of things that she found for me and has already purchased
Unread 09-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #198
Mediceagle
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I liked the part where he thinks what she wants done and what he wants done will be equable. That's the funniest thing all day.. I will be married 19 years this year and I have done what she wants for all 19 of them. The trick is what she wants is me out of the house so I work on the Jeep. We both win.
Mediceagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #199
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

i usually have all my large/expensive things shipped to my buddies shop, or i will use the excuse i found it on the forum for cheap!!
Unread 09-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #200
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rproject View Post
My wife thinks it's a competition. For every UPS/FedEx truck that pulls up the driveway with Jeep related components in it, she thinks she should get something that hangs over her shoulder with a big letter C plastered all over it.
You could save her 30% which means you can buy 30% more Jeep parts, just happened to see it on the news the other day.

"If you have bought a Coach purse recently, you could benefit from a class action lawsuit. The upscale retailer was sued for requesting customers' addresses, phone numbers and emails.

Coach denies any wrongdoing, but agreed to a settlement in court Friday.

Any customer who bought a Coach item between February 15, 2010 and February 29, 2012 with a credit or debit card and gave coach an email or mailing address will now be eligible for a 30 percent off coupon. "
Unread 09-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #201
i95yj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just drove home a '95 yj!

Hey all! I've been lurking the forums here for a while leading up to my purchase of this '95 YJ. It has a 2" body lift and is currently on 31x10.5. The doors were replaced with ones off an older YJ and have some rust on them, but other than that she appears in sweet condition... and only 62k miles! I couldn't believe I found one with such low mileage... can't wait to put 150k more on the trail.

Will post more pictures and more technical details once I can dig around in her this weekend. 2.5" Rough Country suspension lift and an aussie locker by winter?
photo.jpg  
i95yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #202
VirginJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Friggin sweet dude. How much did you pay? I myself have a 95 and just about 20 minutes ago my wife and I were driving down besides the river remarking how buying the Jeep was such a good idea. Looks great already but get ready to look at the world differently than you ever did. Do I buy that new tv? Nah I'm going on Craigslist or the forum classified I'm thinking I new a new "xxxx"..........welcome to the club.
VirginJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #203
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to forum and the addiction begins. Great looking rig hope you get a lot of miles and have fun as a Jeep owner.
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #204
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

awesome man. Welcome and have fun making it your own.

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #205
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome! The Aussie is one of the best choices you can make for the Yj yet the suspension choice could be better. Nice looking jeep! Make sure you take pictures as often as you can, it'll grow up right before your eyes!
Unread 09-27-2012, 04:03 AM   #206
i95yj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Only 4k. Considering no frame rust and the low mileage I considered it a steal. The original owner has garage-kept it in NY and never taken it off road!
i95yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #207
Bhamshooter
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvr6 View Post
Don't be so sure of that. Oh - I've been with mine for 22 years....
Oh she knows I have long term plans for the Jeep. She just asked that I hold off on any purchases and labor until the bathroom project is completed. She likes to do the planning, picking out, and budgeting. Which means I'm left with grunt work! I spent most of the day saturday either going to pick up flooring or swinging a fatmaxx and using my crowbar to rip out tiles all up the wall. And this weekend I'll finish that and get the tub out of there. She acknowledges how hard I work on our home projects. After all, when you buy one as old as ours there is always some maintenance or improvement project you can do. I could list out all the things we've already done to the place but my fingers would get tired of all the typing. She already knows that come winter time I've got about 4 things in mind specifically I want to do to the Jeep.
Bhamshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #208
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I get my parts deliverd to work now. No more interception and questions about whats in the box

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #209
gfd66
1990 YJ Wrangler 

My 1990 fixer upper so far

Well, I bought the thing around Labor Day as a fixer upper for 2K, found rust in the floor, fixed it. Found the brakes were bad, fixed them. Found out the outer axle covers were missing and the hub bearings needed replacing while doing the brakes, fixed that. Seats were thrashed, used the forum and found some Cavi seats, took the rear uphostery from the donor car and am having the rear seat recovered so they all match. Extended the shifter handles, put new rubbers on the brake and clutch pedals, scrubbed out the tub, painted and rubber coated the floor, found more rust under the roll bar mounts (getting that fixed now).
img_1135.jpg   img_1155.jpg   img_1157.jpg   img_1158.jpg   img_1175.jpg  

img_1176.jpg   img_1174.jpg   img_1177.jpg  
gfd66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #210
turbokola

Nice! Looks very similar to what we just got done doing on our 1991. Fun stuff!
turbokola is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.