Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

YJ Chat and non tech

2M views 33K replies 480 participants last post by  fishadventure 
#1 ·
But tonite as I rode home with the top off I really loved my rust-bucket YJ! At damn near 300k she still runs strong and I won't give it up for the world. She just isn't so pretty right now so some cosmetic work is coming, but after a long time w/o it and just military vechiles it was twice as sweet.

Just figured y'all would get it more so than the rest of the site. ;)

John

#241 ·
I would have to say being able to take the top off and roll with no doors either.
The OP doesn't get that statement, being that the Jeep's hard top is on in nice warm southern CA.

The Jeep has no soul. :rolleyes: It's a pile of parts, in my case ones I mostly made, a few that I bought. The ones I made give it more character than the bolt on crap. Take one away and I'll just make another. :cheers2:

#253 ·
mrmark said:
That I no longer have thanks to my Jeep
I blame you guys for my lack of funds! if you guys would quit making it so fun to work on my Jeep then it might slow me down. my therapist says blaming you guys is better than accepting responsibility for my own actions. I highly recommend him, he's on the corner of Wilson st and 10th st in Arlington. The sign says Liberty Tavern but he's pretty legit.

#254 ·
I blame you guys for my lack of funds! if you guys would quit making it so fun to work on my Jeep then it might slow me down. my therapist says blaming you guys is better than accepting responsibility for my own actions. I highly recommend him, he's on the corner of Wilson st and 10th st in Arlington. The sign says Liberty Tavern but he's pretty legit.
Haaaa. Very true!

#255 ·
JeeperDon said:
The OP doesn't get that statement, being that the Jeep's hard top is on in nice warm southern CA.

The Jeep has no soul. :rolleyes: It's a pile of parts, in my case ones I mostly made, a few that I bought. The ones I made give it more character than the bolt on crap. Take one away and I'll just make another. :cheers2:
Yes the top is on but I don't live in southern CA as you clam. Since when is Oakland southern CA? When I did live in LA and had a garage I drove with the top off all the time. Now with no garage or a place to put it. The top is on most of the time. Next time know what your talking about before you post.

Glade you fab most of your parts that is a skill I am looking forward to once I get a garage again. Keep the post coming even if I don't agree with the post I like reading other opinions.

#258 ·
good place!