YJ Chat and non tech - Page 107 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Chat and non tech

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! 2 door JK Recruit Half hardtop Kits Now available!

Reply
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #1591
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler
 
jokerchief462's Avatar
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sin City, Nevada
Posts: 2,881
Welcome to the forum!!!

__________________
89YJ 2.5L TBI, AX-5, NP231 SYE, Ford 8.8, Yukon Grizzly, Tom Woods Shaft, 33" BFG T/As, 4" lift, Warn VR10000s.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #1592
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 16,806
Welcome to the forum and thanks for supporting.

Now, I'll move this to non-tech and the universe will be back in balance.
__________________
.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #1593
Ripper3494
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Warrenville, Illinois
Posts: 5,741
Wait this thread is in a tech forum?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
__________________
build thread:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/94-yj-6-0-build-spud-1218315/[/url]
1994 yj stretched, locked and loaded - 6.0l vortec lq4, 4l60e, np231, Dana 44s 37" interco trxus m/t, 3.5" bds front leafs, double triangulated 4 link rear on xj front coils.
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #1594
Xpress
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Great Big Box, California
Posts: 5,826
I pay my annual dues because this forum is worth its weight in gold.

And because Canman is here too
__________________
I drive a Cherokar.

Team Hitec.
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #1595
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler
 
Michaelgoesrawr's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 7,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper3494
Wait this thread is in a tech forum?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Strange thought. I think this thread was the best move the mods could've made in regards to the YJ section. Sometimes you just want to shoot the bull. Perfect.
__________________
Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Michaelgoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #1596
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper
 
Anticanman's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 20,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
I pay my annual dues because this forum is worth its weight in gold.

And because Canman is here too
Aww thanks sweetums!!
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #1597
dillonjm
30mm@70/sec
 
dillonjm's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Warrensburg, MO
Posts: 4,163
Creepy
__________________
03 Rubicon (Weekend Toy) Build thread

11 Ram 2500 - H&S tuned 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #1598
zte87
GIVE IT THE ONION
 
zte87's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mount Vernon, wa
Posts: 5,587
Who else has been given the finger from a fuel saving car owner for no apparent reason?? Hahaha
__________________
95 jeep yj double main leaf stock spring soa, locked front and rear 30/8.8 with chromo shafts, full cloak armor and 35 inch mtrk tires

luck favors the prepared - anticanman
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #1599
dillonjm
30mm@70/sec
 
dillonjm's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Warrensburg, MO
Posts: 4,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
Who else has been given the finger from a fuel saving car owner for no apparent reason?? Hahaha


What gives them the right to think they can tell you what to do with your money?

Additionally, their environmental logic doesn't account for where their electricity comes from.

Forbes had an article on this years ago about the comparative pollution of electric cars when you factor in the pollution of creating electricity. It was roughly comparable to a suburban if I remember right...

Chalk another one up for liberal hippy hypocrisy..preach to accept everyone's lifestyle except those I disagree with.
__________________
03 Rubicon (Weekend Toy) Build thread

11 Ram 2500 - H&S tuned 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #1600
Xpress
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Great Big Box, California
Posts: 5,826
I had one give me the finger once.

We were in my buddies F-350, which has one of them fancy chips on it. Set it to blow nothing but smoke out the tailpipe, and lit him up for a good 1/4 mile

--------

Where the nickel is mined is so highly toxic that the materials they deposit in the soil won't allow life to grow anymore. The batteries are also non-recyclable, so much for environmentally friendly.

A Prius without the battery would be 50x cleaner. But since it has the battery, the actual environmental impact is something like 50 Civics. The only reason you should be buying a Hybrid is for the fuel economy in the city alone.
__________________
I drive a Cherokar.

Team Hitec.
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #1601
skyj
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Helena, MT
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post



What gives them the right to think they can tell you what to do with your money?

Additionally, their environmental logic doesn't account for where their electricity comes from.

Forbes had an article on this years ago about the comparative pollution of electric cars when you factor in the pollution of creating electricity. It was roughly comparable to a suburban if I remember right...

Chalk another one up for liberal hippy hypocrisy..preach to accept everyone's lifestyle except those I disagree with.
That and in the event of a wreck an electric car can put EMT's, first responders, etc in danger of electrical shock
__________________
build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/skyj-eccentric-build-1467426/ '90 YJ 5.2 magnum MPI, AX15, NP231 SYE, Dana 30 4.56 open/ 8.8 4.56 detriot locker. 1" shackles
2" BL, 4" stretch all on saggy waggy springs.
skyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #1602
HurricaneRZA
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
Who else has been given the finger from a fuel saving car owner for no apparent reason?? Hahaha
I got cut off really bad after being honked at by this hippie chick in a brand-spanking new Prius. Like no-space-to-brake cut off. I had to roll through the bike lane and onto the grass then gun it to get back onto the on-ramp
__________________
[QUOTE=YoureverydayXJ;14318981]This is the most metal thing I have ever heard.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #1603
Xpress
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Great Big Box, California
Posts: 5,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj View Post
That and in the event of a wreck an electric car can put EMT's, first responders, etc in danger of electrical shock
The various manufacturers are working on that. For now, the cables are bright orange, and responders are being trained on how to safely open one up.
__________________
I drive a Cherokar.

Team Hitec.
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #1604
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper
 
Anticanman's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 20,369



Some actually pay to be members here
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #1605
HurricaneRZA
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post



Some actually pay to be members here
It's FL, so if you're driving the wrong brand pickup the same thing would happen anyway
__________________
[QUOTE=YoureverydayXJ;14318981]This is the most metal thing I have ever heard.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.