YJ Center Crossmember Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Center Crossmember Replacement

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 01-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
NotChris
1992 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Center Crossmember Replacement

Does anyone have any experience with replacing the center crossmember on a YJ, I was looking for a gas tank leak and decided to lower it to look. The member is pretty bad and needs to be replaced but I have not see much on the topic?

Any threads out there I am missing?

Last edited by NotChris; 01-25-2013 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: add detials
NotChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #2
wanabejeeper
1987 YJ Wrangler 

There are many build threads out there where new cross memebers were fabbed up using steel tube. Way beyond me to build but I have seen them. I know you can buy them as well. Take a look at Quadratech to see whats available if you have the skill you might be able to use the pictures as a guide.

[QUOTE=Anticanman;14767780]It goes in that barrel you wheel out to the street once a week.[/QUOTE]

My build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/new-build-thread-867043/[/url]
wanabejeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
GilNewJeeper
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotChris View Post
Does anyone have any experience with replacing the center crossmember on a YJ, I was looking for a gas tank leak and decided to lower it to look. The member is pretty bad and needs to be replaced but I have not see much on the topic?

Any threads out there I am missing?
Check this people:

http://autorust.com/store/jeep/cente...upport_art-112

GilNewJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
NotChris
1992 YJ Wrangler 

That is exactly what I need, I am not welder but I would think I can find someone local to weld it on at a fair price.

Thanks for the help.
NotChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
GilNewJeeper
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotChris View Post
That is exactly what I need, I am not welder but I would think I can find someone local to weld it on at a fair price.

Thanks for the help.
Good I can help, I was researching cause I need the same thing. Mine is not that bad but the driver side is rusted badly. When you do that crossmember try a new tank skid at the same time since you have to drop the gas tank..........

GilNewJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.