YJ Center Crossmember Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Center Crossmember Replacement

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 01-26-2013, 12:22 AM   #1
NotChris
1992 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Center Crossmember Replacement

Does anyone have any experience with replacing the center crossmember on a YJ, I was looking for a gas tank leak and decided to lower it to look. The member is pretty bad and needs to be replaced but I have not see much on the topic?

Any threads out there I am missing?

Last edited by NotChris; 01-26-2013 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: add detials
NotChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
wanabejeeper
1987 YJ Wrangler 

There are many build threads out there where new cross memebers were fabbed up using steel tube. Way beyond me to build but I have seen them. I know you can buy them as well. Take a look at Quadratech to see whats available if you have the skill you might be able to use the pictures as a guide.

[QUOTE=Anticanman;14767780]It goes in that barrel you wheel out to the street once a week.[/QUOTE]

My build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/new-build-thread-867043/[/url]
wanabejeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
GilNewJeeper
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotChris View Post
Does anyone have any experience with replacing the center crossmember on a YJ, I was looking for a gas tank leak and decided to lower it to look. The member is pretty bad and needs to be replaced but I have not see much on the topic?

Any threads out there I am missing?
Check this people:

http://autorust.com/store/jeep/cente...upport_art-112

GilNewJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
NotChris
1992 YJ Wrangler 

That is exactly what I need, I am not welder but I would think I can find someone local to weld it on at a fair price.

Thanks for the help.
NotChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
GilNewJeeper
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotChris View Post
That is exactly what I need, I am not welder but I would think I can find someone local to weld it on at a fair price.

Thanks for the help.
Good I can help, I was researching cause I need the same thing. Mine is not that bad but the driver side is rusted badly. When you do that crossmember try a new tank skid at the same time since you have to drop the gas tank..........

GilNewJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
center , crossmember

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.