YJ CEL Code 52 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ CEL Code 52

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 10-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

YJ CEL Code 52

Hey guys, driving home from work yesterday, I got a CEL. I pulled the codes to find I was getting a Code 52 (O2 detects rich mixture). When I get the time, I will hop under and check all my return lines; I have heard this could be the culprit. Any other suggestions? I did not get a CEL on my way to work this morning but I will check on my way home.

I know my rubber lines are getting fairly old near the tank. I replaced all the lines around the fuel filter but have yet to do the lines from the tank. I am planning to replace those lines when I drop the tank to install my rear bumper.

Thanks!

jsipe007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
sprngrider
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The o2 could be bad, or it could be a fluke. Try a reset.
Unread 10-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Will do. I dont believe the o2 is bad, sorry I didnt include much background info. I replaced the o2 with an NGK about a month ago. I will see if the problem returns but the code cleared itself after and engine restart. It does sometimes appear to be running rich, I will occasionally get a slight backfire after letting off the gas when under power
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You need to run a fuel pressure test any time you have a rich reading from the O2 sensor. 31 psi at idle, 39 psi with the vacuum line to the regulator removed. reconnect the vacuum line then turn the ignition off and you should see a reading greater then 20 psi for longer then 20 minutes. Each one tells you a diffferent potential issue. Post back what you find.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks Que! Really glad to have you back!

Ill run down to the auto parts store and rent one when I get the opportunity.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.