yj cad model - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > yj cad model

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #16
uglyoldbob
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I will make the model available (for a small fee) when I am comfortable with the dimensional accuracy and level of detail.

1994 YJ, 4.0L HO, AX15, np231, 31" tires, hardtop, 3.07 gears, trailmaster lift (4.5"?)
uglyoldbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #17
uglyoldbob
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If anybody wants to help out with multi-view drawings, some 3d cad, or key measurements they are all welcome. It will also help to verify my measurements. PM me if you would like to contribute.
1994 YJ, 4.0L HO, AX15, np231, 31" tires, hardtop, 3.07 gears, trailmaster lift (4.5"?)
Unread 10-14-2009, 02:29 AM   #18
dubaispy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Interested. especially if you do the body too. would buy it off you for a small fee.
dubaispy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #19
uglyoldbob
1994 YJ Wrangler 

http://pano.doorsphotography.com/jeep/YJDana30_1.pdf
http://pano.doorsphotography.com/jeep/YJ_1.pdf
The first link shows the current progress for the front axle. I know it could use a lot of improvement, but let me know what you guys think. I have what I consider a "maximum possible size" model for the pumpkin. If everything clears the model, then it will clear the real thing. That pumpkin is quite challenging to model.
The second link shows current progress of the frame.
Unread 10-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #20
uglyoldbob
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here is an update on the progress.
Unread 11-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #21
larcin
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I was looking for a CAD drawing so I can design out custom suspension. Can anyone provide one for the YJ frame?

Thank you

Chris
larcin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #22
uglyoldbob
1994 YJ Wrangler 

What kind of software are you using for the design?
Unread 11-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #23
larcin
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyoldbob View Post
What kind of software are you using for the design?
I have AutoCAD(All versions) and Cimatron(All versions) available to me. My buddy dose CNC so I have access to others.

I am also looking for a CJ5 Model for his Jeep. We built his out last year but one of our friends made a mistake and we want to re-engineer it.

Thanks

Chris
Unread 11-30-2011, 12:28 PM   #24
uglyoldbob
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I don't have access to a CJ5 so I can't offer any models for it. I can send you my current version of the YJ frame but you will want to double check my measurements because I made measurements with the body still attached.
Unread 11-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #25
larcin
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyoldbob View Post
I don't have access to a CJ5 so I can't offer any models for it. I can send you my current version of the YJ frame but you will want to double check my measurements because I made measurements with the body still attached.
That would be awesome. I would really appreciate that. I can send you my suspension drawing once i have it designed out if you like.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.