YJ Brake line bracket removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ Brake line bracket removal

JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
weerwolv
1993 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Brake line bracket removal

Hi all,

In process of removing the brake lines on my YJ due to rot and the fact I'm lifting it at the same time.

Hard Lines are all disconnected and out and I'm left with what's left of my soft lines locked into a metal bracket attached to the frame with what appears to be a TORX head. any idea what size?

It ain't coming out and its in an impossible location to get a full size ratchet with a Torx head on it plus its good and stuck.

If I cut most of it off (started doing that with a dremel) and leave part of the bracket where do you install or hold the new flexible line so it doesn't rub on the tire or get caught in anything.

Any pictures?

Thanks in advance

weerwolv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
weerwolv
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Bump for help
Unread 05-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

You are talking about the front? You can reach down from the top with a really long set of extensions to get at the tox screw.

Or. The lines are held in with just a little flat spring clip. If you cut the hard side of the line and get the clip off you can leave the bracket alone and re use it.

Or. You can ignore the brackets and put the new ones in a more accessable place, like on the side of the frame or anywhere else close to the wheel center.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
weerwolv
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks man. Appreciate the guidance. I think I'll go with option 3 if I can as I hate where they are now and that screw is tough to get at.

-Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.