YJ ARB Snorkel Install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ ARB Snorkel Install

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 07-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
crjohn02
1995 YJ Wrangler 

YJ ARB Snorkel Install

I'm about to begin installing an ARB Safari Snorkel on my '95 YJ, I-4, 2.5L. Any cautions/watch-outs or shortcuts that'll help? Thanks!

crjohn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Cutting that hole is the scariest! After that its smooth sailing. Its pretty straight forward. I got mine second hand with no instructions and it came out well. Im sure youll do fine with instructions

98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crjohn02 View Post
I'm about to begin installing an ARB Safari Snorkel on my '95 YJ, I-4, 2.5L. Any cautions/watch-outs or shortcuts that'll help? Thanks!
Welcome to the forum! Pics are always welcome...
YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
Jsplurge
1995 YJ Wrangler 

What they said ^^ But it shouldn't take you long at all, I skipped relocating the washer bottle I just ditched mine, but make sure you have all your tools and you'll be good.
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
crjohn02
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the comments and welcome! Hopefully all will go smoothly. I started with the washer bottle relocation and then ditched it as well when I couldn't get it around the dipstick. Good to know I'm not the only one running a Wrangler without washer bottle.

I've had this Jeep about 11 years, but haven't pulled it out to do work in about four. I hope to get back into more mods and wheeling. I look forward to posting more in the very near future
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The washer bottle was the easiest part of the swap and I didnt have all the parts!

I went 2 days without it because I thought itd be a PITA but after going through a mud hole and not being able to see anymore I decided I needed it. Its really only 2 wires, one hose and I used a couple zip ties to hold the washer bottle
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
crjohn02
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
The washer bottle was the easiest part of the swap and I didnt have all the parts!

I went 2 days without it because I thought itd be a PITA but after going through a mud hole and not being able to see anymore I decided I needed it. Its really only 2 wires, one hose and I used a couple zip ties to hold the washer bottle
Did the hose & harness reach over there from the left side? Mine seem like they'll be short.
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #8
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Everything under the hood I supplied, I just bought the snorkel part from someone on craiglist. I was able to get wire from work but you can just pick up some wire from any hardware store or auto parts store. Then for the hose I had already bought and had extra hose from when I extended all my breather lines but you can buy any length of hose you need from the auto parts store as well.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.