yj 4.2 Strange heater noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > yj 4.2 Strange heater noise

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
JeepJon15
1994 YJ Wrangler 

yj 4.2 Strange heater noise

Hey guys, I've got an 88 yj l6 4.2 auto. The heat gets nice and hot, always has since i've had it. Also, since i've had it, the when the heat is on i get a constant whining noise. Its kinda high pitched, and gets louder the higher i set the fan. If you can imagine... it sounds like someone going ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, but obviously sounds mechanical.

Since i dont need my heat anymore for a while i figured i'd yank the fan or whatever i may need to do and get it fixed before summer's end. The noise is pretty loud and very annoying.

Thanks for any help.
Jon

JeepJon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a bearing in the fan motor has gone out .

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/
MJMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

X's 2 on the Fan motor, just be aware that the new motor will not fit the stock hole in the firewall so you'll have to enlarge the hole size a bit. The current Siemens part number for the YJ is PM102 which is the same number as the "Blazer Upgrade", just FYI.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4.2 , heater , noise , wrangler , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.