yj on 37"s and soa. want to know who is and is not running rear trac bars. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > yj on 37"s and soa. want to know who is and is not running rear trac bars.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #31
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone View Post
I think 2.5" lift springs will be too much lift, just my opinion though.
Kinda. If you are using short perches and short shackles and no BL and you let them sag nicely they work well. Mine are just short of flat and twisted up and a bit tweaked and they are now just right.

Unread 08-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #32
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

i will be dropping the 1" BL when the new frame goes under for stock height body mounts.
i will be using stock length shackles for now and prolly 1/2" boomerangs or even tereflex z-box and revolver combo in the future.
i am planning on SRS before too long as well
i would love to drop her down a little further in the future but right now i am drained for cash after this swap is complete and the purchase of the new frame. i would love a full comp cut rear and a rear stretch, this is the only thing keeping me so far up in the air right now. after that i could easily go down to a stock height spring. i have dropped over $5k in the ol girl this year alone. take in the time i have working on it and that spells a disaster for ever justifying any more major upgrades to Mrs_breaker_5. i will be on a "drive it only" ban for proly the next year or possibly 2. i have more in this dumb yj than i have in my wife's chrysler and the dakota i bought when i took the jeep off the road combined.

there is some awesome info in this thread for me to start another string of google reading. i thank you guys for all taking the slack from my usual source of jeep discussions. hopefully i see you all on the thread i make when i finally get to pick up where he left off on his ZJ.

i'm drunk and sappy right now.. your all just gonna have to deal with it. :flipoff:

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 12:30 AM   #33
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

never tally any jeep expenses...

never done...
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #34
jason m
Web Wheeler

Hey Mike I lost your contact in my new phone, if you want my number or have it just text me, I can PM it again if needed to.

I have a drilled YJ power steering box, it was my old box before I went full hydro. Its drilled and tapped for assist and I might have the OEM pump also that I moded for more flow.
I'm not using it anymore, you interested in it?

What ever you do run a cooler, even if you stay no assist. It make a huge difference in steering response like your talking about.

For the rear 60, when you install the wrap bar weld your tubes in, I cant stress how important that is. I didn't on my first 14 bolt 8-9 years ago and I spun a tube first trip out with the new bar.

We might do a late fall trip to Rausch creek, if we do I can bring the box and pump.

Jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #35
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

a rausch creek trip would be fun. late fall may be a feasibility for me as well. the rig is coming together nicely. i should be 100% by late fall, as long as the boss lady allows me to buy new springs. that's about the last large expense i have before i start the nv4500/d300 swap this winter.
i have never been to RC and meeting someone there would be a blast.

i certainly would be interested in the box and pump! pm me more details.

thanks for the heads up on the tubes. i will certainly have my buddy that is a pipeline welder do a job like that. my farmer welds wouldn't cut the mustard there.

5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
Unread 01-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #36
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

well, little update. if you have seen my attempt at a build thread you can see the pictures...

no sway bars or track bars. i do have the anti wrap bar for the rear. i have not driven it yet but if all goes well that will change soon enough.

i will update after the first test drive.

Unread 01-07-2014, 11:44 PM   #37
94chb
1989 YJ Wrangler 

38.5x16x15 , 12in stretch custom packed xj leafs with add ranger main leaf , waggy axles, no sway bars, no trac bars, no anti wrap bar. and DD driven, rock crawler , welded front and rear. still under construction, no shocks or steering stabilizer, and i drive it smoothly on intersate at 70 mph , build came out very nice. going to be installling shocks and stuff this weekend.

94chb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #38
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=94chb;19214466]38.5x16x15 , 12in stretch custom packed xj leafs with add ranger main leaf , waggy axles, no sway bars, no trac bars, no anti wrap bar. and DD driven, rock crawler , welded front and rear. still under construction, no shocks or steering stabilizer, and i drive it smoothly on intersate at 70 mph , build came out very nice. going to be installling shocks and stuff this weekend.

So you have been wheeling daily driving with no shocks? I still think you are going to want a anti-wrap/traction bar if you are doing any sort of climbs. Your pinion will start to flop around like a bobble head. Maybe you have made your xj springs so stiff they cant wrap?
90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
yjcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #39
94chb
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjcrawlr View Post

So you have been wheeling daily driving with no shocks? I still think you are going to want a anti-wrap/traction bar if you are doing any sort of climbs. Your pinion will start to flop around like a bobble head. Maybe you have made your xj springs so stiff they cant wrap?
yes, its a project ive been working on for over 4 years. i just made some shock hoops and waiting on shock tabs, i had alot of axle wrap with just xj military wrapped springs, ive been experimenting alot with different springs and right now i have used just the main leaf from the rear of a ford ranger and cut the ends off and added into my xj packs. it still has plenty of flex and its not that stiff. ive wheeled it really hard for 5 days this past weekend at Adventure offroad park and never had an issue. im also not running any SYE , just a grand cherokee rear drive shaft i chopped to fit. there is minimum anti wrap.
Unread 01-14-2014, 11:16 PM   #40
94chb
1989 YJ Wrangler 

heres some pics of my flex i took today.

Unread 01-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #41
ATX-RENEGADE

Im running 38"s on an SOA setup with out a track bar. I had to go with 6 leaf springs in the front to help prevent the rear from trying to come around during a hard braking.
ATX-RENEGADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #42
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

i am thinking i am going to a bastard pack to stiffen them up all 4 springs.

Unread 01-23-2014, 02:40 PM   #43
Pawjob
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
i am thinking i am going to a bastard pack to stiffen them up all 4 springs.
Second leaf of an XJ makes a good addition to the stock YJ packs.

1993 Wrangler, Rock Smashing Jeep, and November 2012 YJOTM... [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rockcrawling-yj-build-1428039/"]YJ Build[/URL]
1.5" SOA, Stak 3 speed Tcase, 37" Swamper M16's...ALOTS of extras
Pawjob is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.