YJ with 3" lift shock question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > YJ with 3" lift shock question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 05-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
reecew

YJ with 3" lift shock question

New to this forum and new to jeeps. I just bought my first jeep a 1993 YJ with 4.0 about a month ago and i am starting to slowly work on it. Its not a daily driver just occasional with some off road since there isnt much good off roading in kansas.

I just bought the Zone off road 2" lift kit and 1" boomerang shackles to make roughly 3" lift. I received the kit minus 1 rear shock. Zone has no idea when they will have a replacement. So the outfit i order it from sent me two replacement shocks 2 x Pro comp ES3000 32250's. Just looking at the specs these pro comp shocks are roughly 4" shorter extended an 2" shorter collapsed then what is sent with the zone kit. Theyre specs are 22.580 extended and 13.710 collapsed. The zone shocks are 26.4 extended and 15.4 collapsed.

So having these shorter shocks will it limit functionality? Are they too short or will they be fine? Just wondering if i need to get the longer size shocks i was suppose to receive or just roll with what they sent if they will work fine. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

reecew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would not use the replacements they sent you as you will more than likely break them and would wait for the correct shock for the kit. OR they could send you a different pair that is sized for the kit.

And welcome to the wonderful world of Jeepin and the Jeep Forum!
Unread 05-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
reecew

Thats what i was thinking about these shocks being too short. Theyre cheap enough i may just go buy a shock the same length as the zone shock to get me by.
reecew is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.