yj 2.5 upgrade - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-18-2015, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
1994 YJ Wrangler 
yj 2.5 upgrade

Somebody here use accel ignition coil c-core 42.000v ? can I use with accel spark plug wire 8mm 5000 series? The power master starter mini master torque 1.8 hp/1.4kw is a good upgrade? to use ina 2.5.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 09-18-2015, 08:26 AM
Its a great mod,,, to empty your wallet...

You bought a 2.5 accept that and move on... Gear change will make the biggest jump in what you would feel as seat of pants power
post #3 of 4 Old 09-18-2015, 09:11 AM
Web Wheeler
1995 YJ Wrangler 
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
Its a great mod,,, to empty your wallet...

You bought a 2.5 accept that and move on... Gear change will make the biggest jump in what you would feel as seat of pants power
^ this.

I've got the 2.5L. Have done injector upgrade, 4.0 TB and TB/intake bore, airraid intake, header and ultra flo exhaust components, e-fan conversion. It does assist in 'zippiness'. But seat of the pants? come on now.

I'm happy with where my 4banger is at right now in terms of drivability. It's actually zipping around on 31x10.5 tires and i upgraded my gearing to 4.10 (simply got new axles in there from the manual and an XJ D44 in the rear, as i have an auto which came 3.73 gearing).

You want lift, you want bigger tires - save your money and re-gear. (this will be happening next year for me). But beware - don't bother on the D35.
**EDIT**: also my jeep has never idled properly or ran properly on anything other than champion plugs and wires. The injectors an extra air allow me to widen the gap a bit.

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-19-2015, 06:51 PM
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 
There are a lot of mods that make sense. Post what you are trying to accomplish and we can help point you in the right direction for the right reasons.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.