(Yet Another Clutch Question) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > (Yet Another Clutch Question)

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-04-2002, 09:28 PM   #1
JeepBeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

(Yet Another Clutch Question)

Alright, my 95 2.5 has almost 70k miles on it. Original clutch....about 500 miles ago the clutch started making a sort of grinding/kinking noise when I would press down on the pedal. I do believe my clutch itself is going strong as I still have pretty quick response/pickup/ease of shifting. But this noise is rather irritating. Checked the backlog but nothing seemed to match this problem, any ideas would be helpful as I have tommorow off of class so I have the afternoon to putz around inside my baby.

'95 YJ 2.5L 3" Sus.
ProComp MT 33s"
JeepBeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2002, 09:37 AM   #2
JeepBeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Did I stump everyone? Any help is appreciated, I noticed in the other posts trying a flush and refill using GL3 oil. Any exact specs on what brand oil to use? And is this refill done on the tranny or the clutch itself?
*Grips Chiltons Manual Tightly*

'95 YJ 2.5L 3" Sus.
ProComp MT 33s"
JeepBeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2002, 12:36 PM   #3
JeeperJay

This is just a shot in the dark but I'd check the throwout bearing...could be going bad on ya. See if you can track down the noise first to make sure it is the clutch and not some other part of the driveline or linkage.
Unread 03-06-2002, 08:37 AM   #4
gifargis

Actually the kinking is probably from the actual pedal movement and not the clutch.. inside the hood--> drivers side--> on the firewall is where you will find the culprit..
have a friend go inside and depress the clutch and that should be the start of the noise search location.....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.