(Yet Another Clutch Question) - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-04-2002, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
2001 XJ Cherokee 
(Yet Another Clutch Question)

Alright, my 95 2.5 has almost 70k miles on it. Original clutch....about 500 miles ago the clutch started making a sort of grinding/kinking noise when I would press down on the pedal. I do believe my clutch itself is going strong as I still have pretty quick response/pickup/ease of shifting. But this noise is rather irritating. Checked the backlog but nothing seemed to match this problem, any ideas would be helpful as I have tommorow off of class so I have the afternoon to putz around inside my baby.

'01 XJ BONE STOCK (Not for Looong)

'95 YJ 2.5L 3" Sus.
ProComp MT 33s"
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 03-05-2002, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
2001 XJ Cherokee 
Did I stump everyone? Any help is appreciated, I noticed in the other posts trying a flush and refill using GL3 oil. Any exact specs on what brand oil to use? And is this refill done on the tranny or the clutch itself?
*Grips Chiltons Manual Tightly*

'01 XJ BONE STOCK (Not for Looong)

'95 YJ 2.5L 3" Sus.
ProComp MT 33s"
post #3 of 4 Old 03-05-2002, 12:36 PM
This is just a shot in the dark but I'd check the throwout bearing...could be going bad on ya. See if you can track down the noise first to make sure it is the clutch and not some other part of the driveline or linkage.

1992 YJ, 2.5L 4-banger, 2" Lift, 31x10.5 BFG Mud Terrain, K&N Filter, Restrictor Removed, Hi-Lift, Custom bumpers, More to come...
post #4 of 4 Old 03-06-2002, 08:37 AM
Actually the kinking is probably from the actual pedal movement and not the clutch.. inside the hood--> drivers side--> on the firewall is where you will find the culprit..
have a friend go inside and depress the clutch and that should be the start of the noise search location.....

See y'll on the trail.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.