General thoughts on the build:
1) I didn't want a key lock, so I went with the mechanical lock. Tuffy actually sells these as an accessory for their security console, so I can't take credit for the idea. I found the same thing at a better price at Amazon. There is a flush-mount attachment included with the lock, which I didn't use. It requires a much larger hole in the lid, of course.
2) Tuffy also sells the gas strut as an accessory for their console. I just bought the Tuffy version for $25 from Quadratec.
3) The LED light and door jamb switch both work very well. Really lightens up the inside.
4) At $30, I splurged a little on the power center. It's pretty cool with 2 accessory ports and two USB charge ports. From Amazon.
5) I had the Rugged Ridge door handles on my two doors, so the handle I put on the console matches it.
6) I went with a Tahoe cupholder off of ebay because I wanted the little tray to store my phone. Tuffy also sells a pretty good cupholder.
7) The 40 mm Ammo Can fit between my seats pretty well. It's only 6" wide. Alot of cutting and drilling was done to get everything to fit right.
8) I made two steel brackets for mounting the ammo can. The rear bracket used the seat belt bolts. I drilled two holes in the tub for the front bolts.
As far as what I would do differently next time...honestly, not much. The brackets could have been an inch or two higher to better support my elbow while I'm driving, so I might add some spacers. I also think that flush mounting the lock would have looked cleaner and better. I should have done a better job on the leather cover, so I might rework the corners at a later date.
Thanks to everyone else here who has posted their ammo can projects and ideas, as they served as great inspiration for this. Hopefully, someone can find something interesting in my project as well.