XJ leafs in my yj questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > XJ leafs in my yj questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 02-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
jeepbonehead
1991 YJ Wrangler 

XJ leafs in my yj questions

So i bought the btf stretch, and i have a set of stock xj leaf springs and i'm tight on cash, i was thinking maybe Rusty's 3.5 add a leaf to beef it up and make it a little bigger, what other options do i have?? i have the procomp 4" lift full leaf packs, couls i cannibalize them and add some of those springs to the xj leaf pack, also how can i prevent axle wrap, i don;t have the cash to make a anti-wrap bar. All advice is appreciated thanks.

jeepbonehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I am in the process of doing this too.
I did not get the BTF kit and have been fabbing everthing up myself.
I have been working on it since Thanksgiving! I also did a belly up kit.
Just about done.
I had some used XJ springs that I planned on using. Did alot of reading and the main spring on the XJ is weak. Most people use another XJ spring pack and cut the small end off of it. They then flip the leaf around and put the big end over the small end of the pack you are using. Making a military wrap.
I ended up buying a new set of springs and did this.
I have some bad news for you as far as the traction bar. From everything I read you HAVE TO HAVE ONE.
The XJ spring packs are so soft there is no way you can get around it.
Do a search on TombRaider. He has alot of info on it.
Unread 02-25-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Have to have a traction bar? Yes

TSE I hadn't heard the leaf flip idea before. Thanks.

I built my own rear shackle hanger stretch kit. Not really that hard just make a template and tie it both into the rear crossmember and the frame. Mine bolts in 10 places thru the crossmember then is welded to it and the frame. All of the steel I built it with was free + free bushing and sleeves.

90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
yjcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.