XJ fuel tank in a YJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > XJ fuel tank in a YJ?

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 02-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
Drdan524
1998 TJ Wrangler 

XJ fuel tank in a YJ?

I am in the process of putting a 4.6L stroker in my 89yj. I know I have to swap the fuel pump and fuel lines from the donor XJ to the YJ. The fuel tank in the donor is plastic but the tank in the YJ is metal. What is the best solution? Can I just swap tanks? Will the donor fuel pump fit in the metal tank?

Thanks
Dan

Drdan524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

The doner pump should fit in the metal tank, IIRC. The XJ tank will not fit under the YJ.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.