Write up on Coolant Flush? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Write up on Coolant Flush?

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-15-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
Dhofstet
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Write up on Coolant Flush?

I need to do a radiator/coolant flush and i am having trouble finding write ups. Does anyone have one?

Unread 05-16-2010, 04:38 AM   #2
InEmberClad
1989 YJ Wrangler 

They have kits at your autoparts store, theyre like 14 dollars. You just plug in a T connector, then to that a garden hose, turn on your heater and run the water. The junk will flow out of a funnel you plug in to the radiator. Super easy, acceptably effective.
Not a bad idea to replace your t stat and water pump gaskets next depending on how long its been since your coolant system has gotten attention... unless you dont have any leaks... which would mean either you just did this anyway or you jeep is made of magic.
InEmberClad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
Dhofstet
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I was just looking at my maintenance schedule and it said i should be doing a Coolant Flush around this time. I have never done one before..
Unread 05-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by InEmberClad View Post
Not a bad idea to replace your t stat and water pump gaskets next depending on how long its been since your coolant system has gotten attention... unless you dont have any leaks... which would mean either you just did this anyway or you jeep is made of magic.
Bought my 94 in 2000. Have never touched the t-stat or water pump or their respective gaskets ever. No leaks. Mine must be magic then.

I do flush my system every 2 years though.
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.