Write up on Coolant Flush? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-15-2010, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Dhofstet
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Write up on Coolant Flush?

I need to do a radiator/coolant flush and i am having trouble finding write ups. Does anyone have one?

Spineless, and mindless, You flex your muscles but not your F***ing head..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-16-2010, 04:38 AM
InEmberClad
1989 YJ Wrangler 

They have kits at your autoparts store, theyre like 14 dollars. You just plug in a T connector, then to that a garden hose, turn on your heater and run the water. The junk will flow out of a funnel you plug in to the radiator. Super easy, acceptably effective.
Not a bad idea to replace your t stat and water pump gaskets next depending on how long its been since your coolant system has gotten attention... unless you dont have any leaks... which would mean either you just did this anyway or you jeep is made of magic.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-16-2010, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Dhofstet
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I was just looking at my maintenance schedule and it said i should be doing a Coolant Flush around this time. I have never done one before..

Spineless, and mindless, You flex your muscles but not your F***ing head..
post #4 of 4 Old 05-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by InEmberClad View Post
Not a bad idea to replace your t stat and water pump gaskets next depending on how long its been since your coolant system has gotten attention... unless you dont have any leaks... which would mean either you just did this anyway or you jeep is made of magic.
Bought my 94 in 2000. Have never touched the t-stat or water pump or their respective gaskets ever. No leaks. Mine must be magic then.

I do flush my system every 2 years though.

94 YJ w/ stuff. All the work/money I put into it, and the comment I get most is my $20 mod: "Hand throttle?!? That's awesome."
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcanally View Post
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.