Wrecked and wont start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wrecked and wont start

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 04-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
savageyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wrecked and wont start

Hey guys just became a member I have been using this forum for free for long enough i think it is time that i contribute. I am having a hard time finding the info/Awnser that i need. I just bought a yj that i am parting out and it was running i even drove it a few times. But it got hit hard and wont start now.

It is a 2.5 and the passenger front fender side is just crushed. I just went and decided to try and start it It cranked fine but thats about all she did. I understand that i need spark and that i need fuel and all that stuff but is there anything else that could have happened or that i need to look into? It doesnt make any wierd nosies or crunchy sounds when it cranks lol.

Thanks for the help.

P.S. I want to start it before i just tear it into a million pieces.

savageyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
flea1987
2001 TJ Wrangler 

you try putting carb cleaner in it to see if you're missing fuel? also is the radiator intact? if not I wouldn't run it long if it did start
flea1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
savageyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea1987
you try putting carb cleaner in it to see if you're missing fuel? also is the radiator intact? if not I wouldn't run it long if it did start
Haven't done the carb cleaner thing yet has been recommended but the radiator is intact but the line is kinked
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
flea1987
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I would unkink the line if possible, the try the carb cleaner. if that doesnt work check and see if you have a spark
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
savageyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageyj

haven't done the carb cleaner thing yet has been recommended but the radiator is intact but the line is kinked

image-3724115716.jpg

image-1207263383.jpg
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
flea1987
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ouch!
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
savageyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea1987
Ouch!
Yea it was my buddies nice rig too I bought it I could use the upgrades for my bone stock 95
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageyj View Post
Hey guys just became a member I have been using this forum for free for long enough i think it is time that i contribute. I am having a hard time finding the info/Awnser that i need. I just bought a yj that i am parting out and it was running i even drove it a few times. But it got hit hard and wont start now.

It is a 2.5 and the passenger front fender side is just crushed. I just went and decided to try and start it It cranked fine but thats about all she did. I understand that i need spark and that i need fuel and all that stuff but is there anything else that could have happened or that i need to look into? It doesnt make any wierd nosies or crunchy sounds when it cranks lol.

Thanks for the help.

P.S. I want to start it before i just tear it into a million pieces.
Given that she ran fine before the wreck, and that the damage was on the right front (if I understand correctly), and that this is a '95.... Then I would suggest to have you survey the PDC directly in front of the battery. The ASD relay and Fuel Pump relay within the PDC will cause these issues. ASD = Automatic shut down, PDC = Power distribution Center- located in front of the battery. Hate to see you part this rig out if it can be fixed, although I am sure there are people here who desperately need your parts. Does the fuel pump come on when the ign key is turned on?
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #9
savageyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaholtby

Given that she ran fine before the wreck, and that the damage was on the right front (if I understand correctly), and that this is a '95.... Then I would suggest to have you survey the PDC directly in front of the battery. The ASD relay and Fuel Pump relay within the PDC will cause these issues. ASD = Automatic shut down, PDC = Power distribution Center- located in front of the battery. Hate to see you part this rig out if it can be fixed, although I am sure there are people here who desperately need your parts. Does the fuel pump come on when the ign key is turned on?
Bent frame crushed tub that rig is not really getting parted out to much it is getting transferred to mine I do not hear the fuel pump kick in when I turn it on but then I live along a busy road mayb I will switch out my relays with its to see if that helps but yea it was a nice rig 6" lift 33 baja claws only one got slashed they were like new thanks for the good info
I appreciate It a lot I appreciate all the help I can get with this build
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #10
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, Nasty crunch. Did not see those pics the first time around. Definitely totaled, the ASD relay would be my first guess seeing how you replied with the fuel pump priming. The ASD relay if jarred from it's socket due to the wreck, will remove power to all the fuel injectors.... So the rig will crank, the fuel rail will prime, but no start as the injectors will be doing nothing. Sad to see a Jeep in that condition.
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #11
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

You should change your name to Salvage Yj.
Unread 04-04-2013, 04:47 AM   #12
savageyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
You should change your name to Salvage Yj.
Lol no wife says that not happening one at a time
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #13
savageyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaholtby
Wow, Nasty crunch. Did not see those pics the first time around. Definitely totaled, the ASD relay would be my first guess seeing how you replied with the fuel pump priming. The ASD relay if jarred from it's socket due to the wreck, will remove power to all the fuel injectors.... So the rig will crank, the fuel rail will prime, but no start as the injectors will be doing nothing. Sad to see a Jeep in that condition.
RUNNING flawlessly just cans drive it lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.