wrecked my jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > wrecked my jeep

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-08-2005, 09:26 PM   #1
sara

wrecked my jeep

I wrecked my jeep on saturday and I only have liability (yeah it was my fault).
So I want to know if I should try to fix it or if it's destined for the junk yard?

here's what's wrong
both front leaf springs need replaced along with shackles and shackle mounts.
my transfer case is cracked in half
I might need new drive shafts
whole new exaust
driver side front fender
hood
the tub is a little tweaked not bad
and 1 new rim

it's a 95 yj it did have 3 1/2 inch lift prior to the wreck I can't think of any thing else that would be important right now

any advice would be a great help I'm at a loss right now

sara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2005, 09:39 PM   #2
bcshepard

I think you should give me the engine and dump the rest
bcshepard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2005, 09:40 PM   #3
schitzangiggles
King of Macastan

1993 YJ Wrangler 

What did you do? Come on we need details to give an accurate diagnosis.
schitzangiggles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2005, 09:44 PM   #4
sara

it's way too long of a story I was an idiot and the other chicks car is totaled. My jeep dosen't look too bad I'll try to take pictures tomorrow.
Unread 06-08-2005, 09:49 PM   #5
Big_Black_YJ

i feel your pain

http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168153

i'f i were you, i'd look at a local salvage yard for a not-so-demi'd wrangler that you could maybe take the springs, rim, t-case and driveshafts from...

my friend just got a complete 1986 RX-7 for $300

and Eff the bodywork....battle scars are key
[FONT=Tahoma][B]Black Jeep Club V2.0 Member #89[/B]
[COLOR=Sienna][B]New England Jeep Club Member #5[/B][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The Official I Own a Toy Jeep Club Member #5[/COLOR]
Swamp Donkey 4x4 [/B]

[B]1994 Saab Aero[/B]
*MAPTUN STAGE 7, *3" JT Exhaust, *SQR intake
470HP...1/4 mile ET: 12.67 @116MPH

[/FONT]
Big_Black_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2005, 10:04 PM   #6
sara

I have to get the one fender and the hood done. The fender is badly mangled and the hood won't even latch down. I'm mostly worried about the transfer case and the leaf springs I think I'll just have to get a whole new lift kit
Unread 06-08-2005, 10:41 PM   #7
mYJ

There is a good chance you could replace the springs and transfer case from someone on this board or even better if you find some clubs or local boards in your area. Those are common pieces to upgrade and its likely someone will have some sitting around in their garage. The fender and hood should be easy to locate too. If not from someone local then from a boneyard.

[SIZE=1]92 YJ 2.5, OME, Flat Fendered, 31" Big O XTs, Crager Soft 8s, Posi-Lok, no sway/track bars, Exide Orbital, K&N, 4.0 TB & TBS, Mopar Performance Cam, Glass pack & Hi-Flow cat, Grant GT Removable Wheel, Tuffy Console, Other Stuff.[/SIZE]
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=2]Black JeepClub V2.0 #33[/SIZE] [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] - Me & Roy[/FONT]
mYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2005, 10:49 PM   #8
sara

I live in Wyoming there is nothing local. you can drive a hundred miles in any direction before you get to a nother trailer court er town. I guess I'll post on the wanted and hope shipping isn't too outragous
Unread 06-09-2005, 08:01 AM   #9
rrclimber
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara
I live in Wyoming there is nothing local. you can drive a hundred miles in any direction before you get to a nother trailer court er town. I guess I'll post on the wanted and hope shipping isn't too outragous
Lol, I drove through Wyoming a few years back on my way out to Cali. I remember I got pulled over flying through this little town that popped up out of nowhere. I was kinda lost so I asked the cop for directions (let me off with a warning by the way ) and he sends me down this highway that turns out to be gravel. Anyway I am driving down the gravel highway and realize that I can see for miles in every direction and there is not one damn thing out there in anywhere. Nothing. Just flat land. I had to get out of my car for a few minutes and take it all in. Not the kind of thing you see everyday in the North East where we are all packed in like sardines.
Anyway, back on topic. Sorry about your jeep that really sucks. Doesn't sound too bad though. I would check the old reliable ebay for some of the parts that you need jsut to get it back up and running. The body work could be done later. Just pound it with a hammer until closes or is out of the way and then fix it when you can.

95', 4.0, 4" Rusty Lift, 33" Pro Comp AT's, Quick Release II Mirror, Pavement ends flip-top, Alpine deck, bazooka amp, sony 10" sub.

My Jeep
rrclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2005, 09:13 AM   #10
pondbowl

Is your hood mangled? Or is it pretty much straight? The reason I ask is because I just went through this. My hood looked pretty good but would not sit down and latch. Turned out to be a bent frame and not the hood at all. Straightened the frame and I am fine now.
pondbowl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2005, 09:34 AM   #11
jcarp
1990 YJ Wrangler 

If you can afford to keep it as a second ride and put a few hundred in parts then keep it. Just pound the dents out the best you can and make an off roader you won't care about beating hard.
1990 Wrangler, 4.2L, 4.0 Head, Gibson Header, Mopar MPFI, ARB Snorkel, ProComp 4" lift, 33X12.5" AT, Superior Super 35 Axle w/ARB, Disk Brake conversion on rear. ARB in front D30, 8000lb Mile Marker winch, homemade rear bumper with swing away tire carrier. Extended flares.
jcarp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2005, 06:20 PM   #12
4x4 zeppelin

I would keep it, if you have somethin else to drive, now is the chance to do a frame up rebuild if you think you need it, if not get the parts you need and put it on the road and see how she drives. The reason I say keep it is due to my friends CJ, he flipped it at 55mph after his windshield blew out and wrapped around him, he jerked the whell, and went off the highway and rolled down in a ditch, he winched hiself out cleaned up his mess and brought it back home. He let it sit, took it apart and built it back for cheap, I dont think you can do that with any other vehicle, The beetle is next in line, but jeeps are like Legos fix whats wrong and go. now if you have frame damage you might as well park it and if your gonna fix it know its gonna be out of comission for a long time, unless you got fat pockets. sorry to hear about your situation, hope all works out for ya.
4x4 zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2005, 06:43 PM   #13
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

If you totalled the other car and did that much damage to only one fender, are you sure you didnt tweak your frame too?

You could definately find a lot of those parts online. I have stock shackles from my 95 if that's what your using with the 3.5" kit.

And as far as Wyoming, I too passed through on the way to Cali. Stopped to get gas, and I'm pretty sure the sign said population 260. The post office, town hall, and school were all the same building. Amazing scenery though, I would definately like to travel through on a motorcycle though.

edit: got a stock rear DS out of my 95 2.5L too.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2005, 06:53 PM   #14
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Without knowing the drivetrain specs of your Jeep, here's a 231 for a 2.5L. Could probably do 250 shipped or better since its been there for a while.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359796

edit: here's a 231 w/23 splines(I tihnk the 4.2 are the same as the 4.0) if you have a 4.0
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363934

edit again:
Might be able to talk a fender off this guy
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364313

edit x3:
springs to keep an eye one
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364444

edit:
More potential body parts
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363837

and finally:
Might want to see if there's a chance these are still around
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360147

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.

Last edited by TellyDSP; 06-09-2005 at 07:08 PM..
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2005, 06:57 PM   #15
xeon

Make sure your frame is straight and no tweeks. Check everything because if something is bent and you just put new springs and stuff on you are going to have some real issues... Like not going straight adn burning up tires and the top of it all is safty. Good luck I hope its not too major!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.