Wrangler YJ 4.0 Wiring harness - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-09-2011, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Kenzo
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Wrangler YJ 4.0 Wiring harness

Hello,

I have placed a AMC 242 (4.0L HO 6 cylinder) from a 1993 Cherokee XJ into my 1993 Wrangler YJ wich was a 2.5L 4 cylinder.

Now i have to find a wiring harness.

I have been told a complete Wrangler YJ 4.0L wiring harness would fit completely.

In holland it's hard to find so i looked on American Ebay.

I found one harness but i don't know if this will fit and work.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jeep-YJ-4-0-wiri...#ht_2108wt_905

Could somebody please tell me if this will fit to a:

1993 Wrangler YJ (which was a 2.5L)
1993 Cherokee XJ Engine with AX-15 Manual transmission & NP-231 Transfer case?

It says it was combined with an automatic transmission so will this fit to an AX-15 with NP-231?

I appreciate it if i get an answer soon because the auction ends soon!

Thank you very much!

Kenzo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Alfons
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzo View Post
Hello,

I have placed a AMC 242 (4.0L HO 6 cylinder) from a 1993 Cherokee XJ into my 1993 Wrangler YJ wich was a 2.5L 4 cylinder.

Now i have to find a wiring harness.

I have been told a complete Wrangler YJ 4.0L wiring harness would fit completely.

In holland it's hard to find so i looked on American Ebay.

I found one harness but i don't know if this will fit and work.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jeep-YJ-4-0-wiring-harness-ECM-Wrangler-wire-motor-/180606906815?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0d02 b1bf#ht_2108wt_905

Could somebody please tell me if this will fit to a:

1993 Wrangler YJ (which was a 2.5L)
1993 Cherokee XJ Engine with AX-15 Manual transmission & NP-231 Transfer case?

It says it was combined with an automatic transmission so will this fit to an AX-15 with NP-231?

I appreciate it if i get an answer soon because the auction ends soon!

Thank you very much!

Kenzo
That harness is from a 91, but it will work in your jeep and with that engine. You will run into a few connector issues in the cabin section of the harness but you can either use your own cabin harness or splice in the connectors that are different (these will be around the instrument panel and the "tell-tale" lights). I didn't take a real close look at the ebay pictures, so I didn't notice if it had the manual or automatic transmission connector - the manual transmission connector has a jumper built in to bypass the start-up safety switch.

With a wiring diagram, this should be fairly easy to install and make work on your jeep.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-10-2016, 08:22 PM
reamettejohnson

I have a 92 jeep wrangler 4cyl 2.5 I want to know if a 91 wrangler wiring harness will fit my jeep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.