Wrangler Door Locks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wrangler Door Locks

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 07-20-2001, 05:27 PM   #1
TracMan12

Wrangler Door Locks

Hi I have an '89 Wrangler. It had a hard top and full doors originally but the girl that had it before me traded them for a soft top and half doors. The doors were unfortunately off of a '87 Wrangler that didn't have door locks. I know if someone wants in a Jeep w/ a soft top it's not that hard to do... but I still don't want to make it easy for them! Is there any way I can get door locks installed on my doors or is that possible???? Also would it be worth it to install an alarm? thanx

TracMan

TracMan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2001, 01:35 AM   #2
jessum

I do not know about the door lock situation, but I have put an alarm in my 92 yj. I put a viper 600 with a prox censor. What the prox censor does is it warns away any movement. You can set this up to 6 feet around the vehicle. I do not know why you would want the alarm set that censitive, but it is possible. It works off of two zones the inner zone which is the inside of the vehicle and then the outer zone which is the outside of the vehicle. You have to adjust the prox for the right setting so that when the wind blows it doesn't go off.

For large items such as doors an alarm would be useful. People can always reach in and take things quickly. The alarm doesn't totally protect you, but it does to a certain extent.

hope this information is useful

-Jesse

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.