Would like some opinions on this one please. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Would like some opinions on this one please.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #16
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtime_ironman View Post
Yep, about like what I did with my YJ. My brother had left it sitting in a desert for 5 yrs. I knew that it would be worth more up here no matter what they valued it at down in Cali. Cash talked, and 10 days later a semi truck pulled up with a jeep on it. The value of my YJ went up 2x more than it cost to ship it.
But yer *never* gonna get a deal like that from a dealer, is my point. And this dealer in his link is taking every bit he can.
The "almost" aludes to the mysterious fix in your post. Everything else was spot on. Private party is the way to go when buying a used vehicle. If you ever catch yourself wondering what the difference between a used and a pre-owned vehicle is- it's the dealers premium tacked on.

Unread 08-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #17
zacbrown

If someone could send me a link of any Jeep in this price range and what they think is a good deal, I'd appreciate it. Thanks
zacbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #18
jclauson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

this ad is just wrong. the"features" page completely lists every stock component of the jeep, including but not limited to:

standard duty shocks
np231 transfer case
4 wheel drive
front/rear track barsoooooo that has me sold!

check it out
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/hysterias-90-yj-build-1190617/
jclauson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 09:56 AM   #19
phil1330
1964 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
I could see it going for $4,200. They're selling you on smoke and mirrors crap. "Awesome sport wheels" Really, the cheap stock steel wheels? Their whole ad irks me, but it does look real clean, I'd want to look under it though.
True True...First its a automatic, minus some $$$ there. Then its a 4 banger, minus even more $$$. It's super clean thats a plus, but are they hiding something??? I woundn't give no more than 4 grand for it. But then again I wouldn't really pay 1 dollar for it cause it is a 4 banger.
Unread 08-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #20
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
The "almost" aludes to the mysterious fix in your post. Everything else was spot on. Private party is the way to go when buying a used vehicle. If you ever catch yourself wondering what the difference between a used and a pre-owned vehicle is- it's the dealers premium tacked on.
Not sure what fix you mean, but whatever. I'm slowly losing my mind and I don't miss it!

I think this jeep is clean enough to be a good deal but only if it was a private seller. For a couple grand less. Like this dealer is gouging the hell out of it. He probably got a southern trade on it and now he's jacking it up for the clue-less.

FWIW I used to work at a dealership back in college (20 yrs ago) and I can say that they aren't any better than the a$$clowns on Wall st. or in Washington. So in my opinion yeah its a nice clean one but I think zacbrown should pass on it. Find a private seller instead.

Last edited by oldtime_ironman; 08-27-2011 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: smilie, money
oldtime_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #21
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Jeeps for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacbrown View Post
If someone could send me a link of any Jeep in this price range and what they think is a good deal, I'd appreciate it. Thanks
Take a look at this:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153

Yep, we have our own "for sale" section right here on JF!

oldtime_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #22
Sacred_Asylum
1995 YJ Wrangler 

in photo five on that ad the bumper paint looks chipped and the fender flare looks to be a skew but still prive is way to much
Sacred_Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #23
jhumphrey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclauson
this ad is just wrong. the"features" page completely lists every stock component of the jeep, including but not limited to:

standard duty shocks
np231 transfer case
4 wheel drive
front/rear track barsoooooo that has me sold!
Don't forget the Sport Wheels! I dont think I've ever heard the factory steel rim called a sport rim...unless the stealership listed the steel rims from the factory as that. I wouldnt know, as I've never bought a jeep new.

I got lucky when I got into the jeep world. A buddy of mine sold me his 87 auto 4.2. It was problematic to say the least, but I found a girl with an 89 5 speed 4.2 on craigslist that wanted to trade for an auto. Now, I have an 89 5 speed

To the OP: look on here @ the for sale section, eBay, and craigslist for private owner sells. Then, look at it in person, and have an idea what a good/clean yj goes for in your area. That's the best advice we can give. Don't rush in, take your time and you'll find a great deal. Oh and if you haven't noticed yet, stay away from that place you posted...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.