would the 1 inch work - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > would the 1 inch work

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-16-2001, 08:59 PM   #1
JYRUS

would the 1 inch work

will a 1 inch t-case drop work with a 4 inch lift! and what gears would i probly have in a 4.0 95 sahara?

JYRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2001, 09:07 PM   #2
RodeoRob

Yup. my friend YJ is running the RE 4" lift and it uses a tcase drop. She hasn't had any need for an SYE, no highway vibrations or anything.

does your '95 have an auto or manual tranny?

-Rob
1995.5 Isuzu Rodeo - SAS'd and SOA'd, sitting on 36x12.50 TSLs, D44 front, 14bff rear, locked by OX and Detriot, suspensions by Jeep and Chevy, high steer conversion, 5.13 gearing and Teralow in the case.
robgorrell@yahoo.com - website
RodeoRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2001, 06:21 AM   #3
JYRUS

manual. i was going to do the sye later but trying to save money right now. will revolver shackles help any with flex or will it just mess up the pinion angles with the extra lift they provide?
JYRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2001, 01:52 PM   #4
Dan Morera

my girlfriend disagrees with the one inch deal.
Unread 12-18-2001, 07:58 PM   #5
IBjeepN4mud

Sorry to jump in But the 1" TC drop is only to correct your drive shaft angle and to keep most of the sliped end in the TC.
Otherwise a longer drive shaft is needed at full articulation so your shaft wont fall out.
The SYE is for when you loose your drive shaft that you won't loose your fluid and burn up your TC.
Then comes the CV joint drive shaft. Now this baby will keep vibration down to a min.and you can have a high lift without the 1" TC drop. That means more ground clearance.
You don't think 1" makes much difference just wait until your rock crawling.
4th jeep ??????????? Still looking
IBjeepN4mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2001, 08:13 PM   #6
IBjeepN4mud

Forgot to mention about your gears.
There should be a data plate on the diff with the gear ratio. My 92 5 spd had 3.07 gears.
Another way is to jack up the jeep and mark the drive shaft and rear diff with tape. Then turn your rear tire 1 revolution while watching the drive shaft and count how many times it turns.
If it turns 3 complete turns and about 3/4 more than it is probly a 3.55
4th jeep ??????????? Still looking
IBjeepN4mud is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.