Worthless Mods - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Worthless Mods

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 04-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #76
imstillatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesserdude07 View Post
i have these on my jeep, and i hate them everyday i drive it. They old mud, rocks, and whatever else you might find on the trail. (if you actually use your jeep) only reason i havent changed them yet, is i did everything first. Winch, 8.8swap, tube fenders, rockers, custom front and rear bumpers. Now looking into 35s on soft 8s.
Just take them off. most unbolt with 4 of the bolts.

imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #77
hesserdude07
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imstillatwork View Post
Just take them off. most unbolt with 4 of the bolts.
mine are Crager rims and they are built right in. Simulated beadlocks... Trust me ive looked.
Unread 04-17-2010, 06:25 PM   #78
1998zj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Down View Post
20" Rock Stars..
Flirting with the ban posting that Jeep.

Here is my contribution.

Unread 04-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #79
BondoBbad
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998zj View Post

Here is my contribution.

I'm gonna have to argue against that one. I love my Highlift, it has been very useful to me and I would call it anything but worthless. Pretty pricey but definitely not worthless
BondoBbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #80
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998zj View Post

Here is my contribution.

Hi,
You have to be kidding!!!!!!!! The HI Lift is an essential trail trail tool even if you have a winch as I do. Where do you get these ideas?

Last edited by Karma; 04-17-2010 at 08:04 PM..
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #81
imstillatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesserdude07 View Post
mine are Crager rims and they are built right in. Simulated beadlocks... Trust me ive looked.
Right, I've got a set (came on the jeep) D hole 8x15 simulated bead lock. the fake ring is bolted on by 4 of the bolts that 'look' like they are holding a beadlock on. Maybe yours are different, all I've seen are bolt on.
imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 08:28 PM   #82
YYJ87
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by digizure View Post
I plan to add rocker guards on my YJ and I was thinking of something simple like an angle iron cut into the right length. There is no welding needed and I will spray it black. It will be functional and it will look good. I do not think it is worth purchasing $300 rocker guards when it could cost me about $50.

M
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJeeper View Post
And you'll get exactly what you paid for.

Yep... he will get a big hunk of metal to protect his rockers from larger harder objects!

I agree with you MLJeeper that the guys that build half assed crap generaly hang them selves. At the same time 50$ rocker guards are better than no rocker guards and they wont harm the reliability of the jeep.

There are times to be cheep and times to rape the wallet. Each has there own boundries.

Building a rig on a budget doesnt mean it wont be reliable, just have to put the cash where it counts, this is whare most fail. No one will gripe on the trail about locked d44s and 235x75s but 35s and a blown up dana 35 40miles from pavement will get you a some nasty looks!

yyj
YYJ87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.